INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Manager - AICS
Duty station: Amman, with regular visits to other field locations.
Starting date: 01/12/2022
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: national team
Dependents: Family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS Mission in Jordan has responded to the consequences of the Syrian crisis since 2012. With a coordination office in Amman, and three (3) field offices in Irbid (North), Amman East, and Karak (South) the mission implements a program that focuses on general protection (with specific emphasis on GBV) and cash based intervention (CBIs)
General purpose of the position
The Project Manager is responsible for timely, high quality and effective implementation of planned INTERSOS interventions in Jordan for the AICS funded projects under his/her responsibility, as well as achieving the expected results. This role will have as primarily concern the leadership of a current AICS funded action, but will also involve leadership of the ECHO funded project, to support the Head of Mission and Protection Coordinator
Main responsibilities and tasks
● In collaboration with technical coordinators, engage in the identification of humanitarian and financial needs, analysis of humanitarian context, risks, constraints, prevention and mitigation measures
● Ensure close coordination and interaction with technical coordinators/staff deployed in the mission, in order to ensure consistency and harmonization of modalities of implementation, tools, approaches, etc.
Project Management (AICS funded project)
● Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, responsible for steering, monitoring and overseeing the overall implementation of the project
● Coordinate the planning and execution of project activities in order to achieve desired objectives and results within the defined project timeframes
● Ensure the compliance of the action with the donors’ rules and regulations, in collaboration with mission logistics, finance HR and other personnel.
● Ensure the accomplishment of all the below-listed tasks, following INTERSOS and AICS regulations
● Support the Head of Mission and the Protection Coordinator in the implementation of the ECHO funded project, providing support to report writing and financial planning
Administrative/Finance and Logistics
● Responsible for the budget management of the AICS project, ensuring control and proper tracking of expenditures and development of forecasts in line with the project duration and objectives
● In coordination with the Finance Department, draft amendments and revisions of the project when necessary and in due time in compliance with donor’s requirements
● Coordinate with the Logistics Officer to ensure meet the procurement and other logistical needs of the project in order to ensure efficiency and quality of implementation
Monitoring and Reporting
● Conduct regular field visits to the project locations to ensure the quality of the intervention in compliance with internal and donor standards
● Elaborate and oversee the project’s institutional memory, keeping written records on its development, in order to disseminate INTERSOS achievements, lessons learned and to improve awareness
● Produce monthly reports and contribute to midterm and final reports, according to donor’s rules and regulations and INTERSOS internal Project Appraisal Tool, ensuring accurate data collection and timely submission
● Coordinate and supervise project staff, plan and distribute tasks and workload among the team, and monitor their progress, achievements and constraints through regular work meetings and feedback mechanisms
● In coordination with relevant managers, identify training needs, build the capacity, coordinate, supervise and motivate the staff, support ad hoc training sessions and on-the-job training, provide individual follow-up and coaching, carry out end-of-mission evaluation of the team members, and lead internal communication in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional developments
● Ensure proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff development and internal communication), in coordination with the HR Department
Conduct other tasks as required by the Line Manager.
Required profile and experience
● University degree in social sciences, political science, economics or related field
● Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in project management preferably in the Protection sector. Previous experience with AICS is considered a strong asset
● Extensive knowledge of the Project Management Cycle
● Demonstrate experience with different donors’ procedures, compliance and reporting; experience with managing AICS-funded projects is a distinct advantage
● Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
● Strategic vision, results and quality orientation
● Computer literacy (Word, Excel and internet)
● Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
● Experience in working & living in remote locations
● Fluency in Italian and English compulsory
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to work well with colleagues from different cultures and walks of life
● Stress-resilient and able to adapt to changing circumstances
● Commitment to respect humanitarian principles
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/62e275707ad15b0021ba64d7
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-42-2683-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.