***Location: Remote from anywhere in the U.S.***
Program & Job Overview: The Senior Digital Community Liaison will support Settle In with a specific focus on Ukrainians arriving through Uniting for Ukraine. Settle In, implemented by the IRC and available in multiple languages, is a digital information service that directly engages newcomers through its website (https://settleinus.org/), mobile app, and social media platforms. Settle In serves as another touchpoint to disseminate vital, accurate information tied to resettlement services.
The Senior Digital Community Liaison will support Settle In’s expansion to support Ukrainians. This includes supporting content development and coordinating social media initiatives. Tasks will include moderation of messaging and social media post comments, helping users navigate information on Settle In platforms, clarifying and sharing information on available services, and coordinating live stream events. This position reports to CORE’s Senior Digital Communications Officer.
- Lead Settle In Facebook (or other social media platform as identified) moderation in collaboration with Senior Digital Communications Officer and with input from vital partners, including different government agencies.
- Maintain platform reputation by copyediting content and assuring accurate translations.
- Manage and support Settle In Facebook team in replying to messages and comments received on the page by following moderation guidelines.
- Supervise Digital Community Liaison (1-2 staff members)
- Identify critical user referral needs and respond following established protocols. Escalate any communication from vulnerable cases to Protection Specialists.
- Compile feedback on (and translate into English) representative and noteworthy comments and write an analysis of the week’s communications (including responses to posts, trends in conversation and information gaps).
- Contribute to a Frequently Asked Questions document in English, Ukrainian, and Russian that can be used to answer user questions on the platform.
- Based on user questions or misunderstandings, propose new content topics to feed into content creation. As needed, collaborate with Digital Content Manager to develop thorough, well-researched content about Cultural Orientation topics (Examples: Employment, Housing, Education, Role of the Resettlement Agency) and translate into Ukrainian and Russian.
- Share opinions, feedback, cultural awareness, contextual knowledge, and learning with the wider team on an ongoing basis. Present findings to relevant external partners, as needed.
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure maximum visibility.
- Represent the team at meetings, internal and external workshops, conferences, and other events as needed.
- As needed backstop and support other Settle In team members.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Fluent in English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
- Strong computer proficiency and well-acquainted with basic software tools. Can navigate autonomously in Windows, Android, Microsoft Suite, and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook, and cultural use of these platforms, with a preference of experience running a Facebook page or group.
- Preference for experience working in resettlement and Cultural Orientation programming.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and partners in English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
- High emotional intelligence (our users are in difficult periods of their lives and moderators need to empathize with them).
- An understanding of the subtlety of language and an ability to apply communication guidelines in written responses.
- An understanding of the power and importance of accurate information and the ability to exercise strong decision-making skills in ensuring all answers are accurate. Fantastic attention to detail.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines. Ability to work autonomously.
- A commitment to going above and beyond in the quest to give people in crisis accurate information.
*Working Environment:***Remote position.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.