Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization providing humanitarian and development help worldwide since 1992. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 50 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters, and other humanitarian crises.
Nearly 100 people, a new organisational structure and just one goal: to help the individual fleeing to Poland from the nightmare of war in Ukraine. By 20 May 2022 the Polish border has been crossed by 3.5 million refugees, and though not all of them will stay with us, many of them will have nothing to go back to.
PAH is launching “Mission Poland” in order to effectively respond to the refugee crisis in our country.
Position: Head of Programmes Poland
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Developing the mission’s programme activities through the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans;
- Preparing strategic and operational plans for the substantive programmes;
- Fundraising activities;
- Preparation and recommendation for the implementation of emergency aid;
- Representing the foundation in its relations with external partners;
- Managing project budgets;
- Quality control of operations and cooperation with external auditors and audit institutions;
- Improving the quality of project implementation and building relations with donors;
- Team and programme management;
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian sector;
- Experience managing humanitarian sector projects of over €2 million in the full project cycle;
- At least 5 years of experience in a coordination position;
- Experience managing five or more team members;
- Multicultural work experience background / highly developed intercultural competence;
- Proficiency in English (C1);
- Readiness for short-term stays on PAH foreign missions;
What we offer:
- Full time position with employment contract
- Flexible working time
- Extra leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Extra social benefits
- International environment
- Professional development opportunities
Как подать заявку
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill in the online form by 30/09/22. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment.
Skilled candidates, interested in professional growth, currently, at lower-level MEAL positions are also encouraged to apply.