The purpose of this position is to lead the IFRC regional Strategic Engagement and Partnerships in order to strengthen, develop and further expand the IFRCs partnerships in line with regional and global priorities with the aim of maximising IFRC resource development. The position is part of and contributes to the IFRCs global efforts to strengthen its partnerships and resource development in support of its member National Societies.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in management, political science, social science, international studies, international relations, international development, law, humanitarian affairs or other relevant field of study; or a first-level university degree combined with extensive relevant experience.
- Qualification or certification in project management, marketing or fundraising - Preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in donor relations or resource mobilization.
- At least 7 years of experience managing staff.
- Experience working in a multicultural, international environment
- Demonstrable experience in external donor relations, fundraising and project/funding proposal preparation.
- Experience in pledge management - Preferred
- Experience in partnership development, diplomatic representation, resource development or fundraising.
- Experience working in the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement - Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Highly developed leadership skills.
- Professional credibility, strong analytical skills, and ability to work at various levels of complexity.
- Excellent oral and written communication, networking, and representation skills. Proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Strategic analysis, systematic planning, data analysis and implementation skills. Excellent collaborative and teamwork skills. Highly organized and results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to negotiate while maintaining effective working relations.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
- Other Languages - Preferred
Interested candidates should visit the link: https://www.ifrc.org/jobs/details.html?jobId=105785&jobTitle=Regional%20Head%2C%20Strategic%20Engagement%20and%20Partnerships to view the full job description and to submit their application.