International Transformation Foundation (ITF) is an international youth led non-profit organization providing youth educational and self development programs, encompassing leadership and entrepreneurship, to harness creativity for a youth system that provides jobs, offering security, opportunities to grow, and contribute to the development of our communities.
Since its establishment ITF has been developing and operating youth development programs to lead the youth of today as leaders with a strong heart and mind as true workers of society with creative and progressive thinking. Our current projects are:
1. Join the Pipe Project: Installing sustainable tap water stations near playgrounds, city centers, parks, schools and bus stations in Africa; for people to access clean tap water whenever possible.
The project also works to bring awareness to the environmental impact of production and waste of bottled water through two ventures:
- A water kiosk at school: a school based and students managed business selling clean tap water to community residents. It involves financing a community school to set up an onsite water kiosk with specially designed and sustainable products for children to transport tap water at home straight from school. It is both an educational and profitable business – teaching students’ business and entrepreneurial skills, and generating much-needed income for schools.
- Public drinking tap water station: In partnership with urban Communities/Towns/Cities we install our non-breakable drinking water station in Public places for people to access clean drinking tap water free of charge.
2. Jijenge Kijana Fund: a youth livelihood pathway offering microcredit, micro-saving and training which enables ITF members to engage in productive and stable livelihoods
3. Erasmus Plus Projects:
- GO-PRO The main objective of the project is to create space for the development of key information and communications technology (ICT) competences in the field of programming for children and youth. The project plans on achieving this by creating GO-PRO centers where modern programming education can take place and in the process awaken the passion to code in the youth. This project is done in collaboration with Meritum (Poland) and International Transformation Foundation (Kenya).
- Evergreen This is a project aimed at empowering the youth which ITF will implement in collaboration with the Association for European Cooperation, Development and Communication (CODEC vzw), Belgium. Evergreen will bridge 2 programme objectives– to support awareness raising on the environmental and climate goals and taking up innovative practices in a digital era. The project's main aim thereafter is to contribute to the just and inclusive transition to sustainable living through empowering the youth work sector across the globe to raise awareness on environmental issues by personal example and digital tools – the language of young people.
The “Fundraise and Project Implementation Volunteer” is a position under ITF’s international youth outreach and engagement initiative focused on European youth. Your role will be to accompany a project from start to finish, including fundraising and project coordination and implementation. The project will run under our Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene activity in Kenya, with the end goal of implementing either a water kiosk at school or a public water station.
The objective of the position and project is both to help communities in Africa efficiently obtain access to reliable, affordable, clean tap water and to provide you as a volunteer an opportunity to grow on a professional and personal basis through leadership development and social and cultural exchange with the youth of Kenya.
Prior experience in a nonprofit position is preferred, but not required, as this position is aimed at building upon your skills and experience but also providing an avenue for growth.
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs, and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them.
- Brainstorming and creating new strategies to raise funds.
- Planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds.
- Creating marketing materials, like flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of fundraising events
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor and community relationships on a regular basis
- Project Coordination
- Preparing documentation (reports, proposals and records) to support the project team.
- Creating activity plans
- Monitoring project plan implementation and tracking timelines and milestones of your project.
- Coordinating and monitoring status of deliverables.
- Attending beneficiaries/partners meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
- Working with other volunteers on projects towards shared targets
- After the fundraising goal is achieved, the volunteer must travel to Kenya to implement the project.
- Must be prepared to travel to Africa for project implementation.
The applicant must possess the following knowledge/skills and can demonstrate, that the essential functions of this position can be performed:
- Background/experience in working/volunteering at an NGO / NPO.
- Preferably, but not necessary, experienced in fundraising and project coordination.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on results.
- High level of self-confidence, flexibility, integrity, and honesty.
- Should possess computer/internet skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work well independently, works with all levels of management, prioritizes tasks and can resolve problems.
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule, with or without flexibility,
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges.
- Culturally sensitive
- Unparalleled passion and commitment to youth development.
- Volunteers need to be empathetic, great communicators, and comfortable working as part of a team towards shared goals and targets. The following skills are beneficial:
- Communication skills
- Organization skills
- Work ethic
ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation. ITF staff operate on a full-time volunteer basis for a minimum of 6 months contract. They are responsible for all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation, etc. ITF ONLY provides direct operational expenses such as staff transportation to a meeting outside of the office, field visit, operations, etc.
We DO NOT consider incomplete applications as well as candidates who are not able to cover the volunteer term expenses.
We are a youth led organization, so applicants must be under the age of 30.