Position Title: Finance and Administration Support Officer
Country: CAR Base: Bangui (with regional travels) Duration: 3 months Start Date: ASAP
The MENTOR Initiative (MENTOR) is a “not for profit”, non-governmental organization devoted to reducing death and suffering from malaria and other Vector Born Diseases in humanitarian crises. MENTOR has worked in CAR since 2008, instigating an effective and innovative community healthcare approach across the North West of the country. This approach allows for primary healthcare to be delivered in locations in the most remote rural communities
Overall job purpose
The Finance and Administration Support Officer will assist the MENTOR Initiative Central African Republic mission in achieving programme objectives in a timely manner and support the Finance Coordinator and the Country Director (CD) with the strategic development of responses to identified needs on the ground and donor funding opportunities. The consultant will establish, update and maintain the organization’s standardized financial, administrative and human resource systems and processes in CAR, and will ensure the implementation of these at all levels of the organization’s country programs. In this context, the Finance and Admin Support Officer is part of the country management team.
Reports and information when required will be submitted to the Capital Management Team in Bangui (presided by Country Director and further consists of Finance and Administration Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and Health Program Coordinator).
Finance support and coordination
- Ensure that good quality finance and administration systems as per the standard MENTOR Initiative guidelines are functioning and maintained in the program and across all bases.
- Ensure correct account management for all grants in accordance with the grant agreement(s)
- Supervise the use and understanding of the MENTOR accountancy software by the concerned staff (local and international) in each field base.
- Ensure all members of the MENTOR team are trained in and respect the MENTOR Finance and Administration procedures.
- Gives support on the monthly electronic and paper reports on expenditure against project budget(s) and send these together with all hardcopy receipts and other expenditure-related paperwork, including bank statements, to the MENTOR Initiative Grants Management Team at HQ Level
- Attend monthly finance coordination meetings with others NGOs
- Follow up on all rental agreements for the MENTOR Initiative guesthouse(s), office(s), and vehicles, etc. and renew rental agreements when necessary
- Assists in external meetings (administration and Human Resource cluster, NGO forum etc) to represent The MENTOR Initiative when necessary. Minutes of meetings are to be set up and shared afterwards.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator and the Country Director with any other administrative tasks as required.
- Ensure the support and coordinate the local staff recruitment of the finance and administrative team for the programs.
- Follow the recruitment process from the editing of job descriptions, posting adverts, organizing interviews, training etc. …
- Ensure with the administrative team that all the Human Resources Folders are up to date with the required documentation and the country labor law
- In collaboration with the Country Director, oversee that national staff adheres to The MENTOR Initiative contracts, sexual harassment policies, code of conduct, conflict of interest and internal rules.
- In collaboration with the Country Director and other line managers, ensure that international team members respect internal rules and policies in relation to the management of national staff under their responsibility.
- At the request of the Country Director, provide finance/admin and/or human resources support during field or assessment missions.
Reporting / Proposal writing
- When required, will give a support to draft the budget proposal based on current and planned expenditure within the donor frame works.
- As required, assist the Country Director and the HQ Grants Manager with budget reporting to donors so that these are prepared and submitted in a timely manner, as per the grant agreements.
- Fluency in French
- A prior experience with and NGO will be an advantage
- Familiar with NGO working environments and standard procedures
- Organized and good coordination
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Donors procedures and SAGA will be an advantage
The Mentor Initiative applies a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse, mistreatment or harassment, and other types of unethical behavior including fraud. The Mentor Initiative will contact previous employers of applicants to determine if they have any history of violating international standards and codes of conduct relating to such matters.
To apply, please send your CV, letter of motivation and details of three referees (including your most recent employer) to: firstname.lastname@example.org