Role & Responsibilities
The Project Support Manager is key to the efficient and effective running of the country programme. This varied and challenging role involves coordinating and managing the base support functions including general administration, base management, finance, human resources, logistics and security. With line management responsibility for staff involved in support roles the Project Support Manager also represents Medair at relevant meetings with contractors, local authorities, NGOs and other stakeholders.
Medair arrived in Poland at the end of February 2022. As a new start-up country program, Medair is currently providing emergency, NFI distributions, and Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance for the rest of 2022. The PSM will have oversight management of the base and all support systems, functions and procedures to ensure the program can be completed within budget and schedule.
Workplace & Conditions
Field position based in Poland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full-time, 3 to 6 months.
Key Activity Areas
Project Support Management
- Ensure the smooth running of the support departments including staff supervision, security, maintenance and liaison with landlords, contractors and suppliers.
- Supervise all financial activities to ensure all cash management needs, reporting deadlines and internal and external audit requirements are met.
- Ensure all internal financial controls are in place and that Medair and donor guidelines are followed.
- Oversee all human resource activities, supporting line managers as required in areas such as recruitment, induction, training, appraisals, disciplinary action, etc.
- Ensure all national and international legal requirements relating to employment are adhered to, including contracts, statutory deductions, record keeping, etc.
- Provide logistical support to programme staff and field bases, including managing the supply chain, vehicles, assets, IT and communication equipment and the training of logistics staff.
- Ensure accurate and efficient procedures are maintained in logistics, particularly in the areas of procurement, storage and transportation.
- Monitor that regular computer back-ups, virus updates and routine maintenance are carried out and provide IT trouble-shooting if required.
- Work with the Project Coordinator in the preparation and development of budgets for support and shared costs, ensuring they meet all relevant Medair and donor requirements.
- Manage and track expenditure of assigned budget(s), ensuring spending is in accordance with donor requirements and time frames and notifying the relevant field managers of any necessary adjustments.
- Draw up, manage and periodically review contracts between Medair and external suppliers, ensuring they remain valid and relevant and that the terms and conditions are followed.
- Submit accurate and timely internal reports as required by field management and GSO and contribute on request to external reports.
- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is in place for all transactions, that records are kept in an orderly and timely fashion and that the filing (archive) system is in line with Medair and donor requirements.
- Manage and oversee the assigned project support staff including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisal, etc.
- Hold regular team meetings with the assigned programme support staff, reviewing team and individual objectives and ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work.
- Develop and maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with colleagues to ensure they are kept informed of support related activities and requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, local authorities, other NGOs and any other stakeholders, representing Medair and ensuring good co-operation and partnerships.
- Promote and use the Medair e-library and other operating procedures, ensuring that all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed.
- In conjunction with relevant managers review, develop and implement (as applicable) systems to improve transparency and to detect and ultimately prevent loss or fraud. Carry-out regular inspections and spot-checks, both on systems and on-going work, to ensure the best use of Medair assets and resources.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional / technical qualification.
- Excellent working knowledge of the English language (speaking and writing).
- Post-qualification management experience in a relevant profession.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferable in a support role.
- Excellent communicator; numerical and report writing skills and commitment to best practices.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels with
- creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner with coaching and training skills.
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues while being diplomatic.
- Able to cope with basic living conditions in the field and during field trips
- Able to oversee multiple tasks while prioritising, delegating with problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership with consultative management style and accountable decision-making skills.
- Able to build trust and enforce procedures with strong organisational and time management skills.
All new deploying international staff to Medair’s country programmes (and other roles which require field travel) should be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine, supported with a COVID vaccination certificate as evidence.
Как подать заявку
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair Page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.