DRC Greece is looking to recruit a qualified and enthusiastic professional to work as Finance Officer. Under the managerial supervision of Area Manager, and with the technical guidance and support of the Finance Coordinator and the Head of Support Services (based in the Country Office), the Interim Finance Officer has the duty to ensure proper financial follow-up of all DRC operations, a full financial compliance, while implementing, monitoring and following up across all financial and administrative tasks and ensuring that DRC’s standard policies and best practice are followed in the Area of North Greece. This position is also a key one to guarantee a harmonization of processes and policies within all organization of DRC in Greece.
About the job
- Fulfill daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services.
- Produce relevant financial reports on a regular basis.
- Ensure that budgets and accounts are in accordance with DRC and donors’ requirements in coordination with Finance unit in Athens CO
- Maintain proper filling and scanning of all financial documents
- Ensure payments documents compliance with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations. Review payment vouchers and supporting documentation for accuracy, compliance and investigate discrepancies.
- Review Purchase Requests according to current budget availability and expenses eligibility.
- Manage and update the cash book daily to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance.
- Manage and update DRC Dynamics Journals and respect the monthly DRC global deadlines.
- Ensure all payments are made timely (petty cash and bank) in accordance with DRC policies and procedures.
- Manage petty cash and cash advances, ensuring safe custody of cash.
- Ensure weekly/monthly cash counts and cash/bank reconciliations.
- Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity of invoices.
- In coordination with the Area Manager, ensure availability of funds (petty cash and bank) for the Area of North Greece by following DRC policies and procedures.
- Comply with reporting requirements of CO and support on financial reports and audits.
- Coordination with the Finance departments of the other offices in Greece when needed.
- Assist DRC field office staff in correct implementation of Operations Handbook Finance/Administration procedure.
- Responsible for submitting re-booking reports to CO for reallocation of expenses.
- Support the Area Manager to organize BFU meetings with budget holders for budget monitoring and submit financial forecasts monthly.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures with the other members of the Support Departments of DRC in Greece.
- Identify any potential point to improve within DRC policies and/or its compliance with the legal regulations and requirements.
- In addition to the above, the Finance Officer may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Area Manager.
To be successful in the role we expect you to possess the following:
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Accounting, Finance, Cost Control, Business Administration or Management, or another relevant field is required
- Full professional proficiency in English is required.
- Fluency in Greek is required.
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS Office, Internet) are required.
- Minimum two years of relevant working experience; a previous experience within an international organization and/or within the humanitarian/ cooperation sector (so with an international NGO or a UN agency) will be considered as a strong asset.
- Knowledge of ERP will be considered an asset.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Designation of Duty Station: Thessaloniki or Larisa with travel to DRC project sites in North Greece based on needs
- Band: H
- All allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus)
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on-line**:** **www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies**.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: The screening process for this position is on rolling basis, so early submission of applications is encouraged. DRC reserves the right to close the vacancy once a suitable candidate is identified.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo