We are seeking a Program Development Officer to serve on our team in Khartoum, Sudan. In this vital role you will be coordinating the design and implementation of programs and grant proposals. You will be developing key relationships with donors and agencies, and using your technical expertise to drive the development and success of new programs. Come serve with our team and make an internal impact.
A day in the life of a Program Development Officer:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Program Development Officer you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Develop programming through writing concept papers, proposals and budgets using best practices and lessons learned in coordination with appropriate program units
- Build relationships on behalf of Samaritan's Purse with bilateral donors, International Non-governmental Organizations, and other agencies
- Assist as needed in program implementation, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out
- Build capacity of field staff in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills
- Represent Samaritan's Purse in relevant UN cluster meetings and other donor/partner meetings
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BA) and three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working for INGOs in Africa strongly preferred
- Experience in database development and management is required.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports
- Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major donors such but not limited to the UN, CIDA, DFID and USAID, PADF, etc
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently
- Experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies
Job Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Accompaniment: Family Accompaniment
Travel Expectations: Travel to field sites as needed; approximately 25%
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.