About BRAC and BRAC USA
BRAC is a global leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programs to assist the most marginalized people in extremely poor, conflict-prone, and post-disaster settings. These include initiatives in education, healthcare, microfinance, women and girls’ empowerment, agriculture, human and legal rights, and more. Headquartered in Bangladesh and working across 11 countries in South Asia and Africa, BRAC touches the lives of more than 100 million people worldwide.
Based in New York, BRAC USA is the North American affiliate of BRAC. BRAC USA provides comprehensive support to BRAC around the world by raising awareness about its work and mobilizing resources to underpin programs. BRAC USA works closely with international counterparts to design and implement cost-effective and evidence-based poverty innovations. It is an independent 501(c)(3) organization.
About the Position
BRAC USA seeks a highly motivated candidate to join the Finance and Administration team based in New York City. The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring revenues and expenditures are accurately accounted for and recorded, preparing various financial analyses, and providing oversight for gift processing. This is a tremendous opportunity for a motivated candidate who is excited about supporting BRAC’s work, is highly organized, and has incredible attention to detail. BRAC USA offers a hybrid work environment that includes both in-office and remote work arrangements.
Grants and donations
- Accurately record and account for expenditures and revenues in Salesforce and QuickBooks, including:
- Record transactions in QuickBooks in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures, including grant agreements, invoices and general expenses.
- Work closely with program team members to understand grant budgets and ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with donor restrictions.
- Monitor and reconcile grants for which BRAC USA serves as the secretariat.
- Review and approve donations entered in QuickBooks and Salesforce.
- Ensure grants and donations are recorded and documents are accurately maintained in Salesforce.
- Prepare timesheets and allocation documents for payroll and other allocations.
- Maintain supporting files and documentation.
- Manage donor requests to update or cancel recurring donation information.
- Prepare donor analysis, including (but not limited to) donor reporting for CEO/Board of Directors and reporting on Secretariat grants.
- Prepare cash disbursements and support accounts receivable by preparing invoices.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close by ensuring timely and accurate accounting of financial transactions.
- Review expenses reports submitted to ensure compliance with policies and procedures (ie ensuring receipts are submitted and expenses are accurately coded).
- Assist with preparation of 1099 forms and W2 forms.
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll.
- Support growth of financial systems required for various fundraising portfolios, as determined by the leadership team.
- Collaborate with other teams on projects related to Salesforce or other processing systems (including third party giving sites).
- Provide backup for Finance Associate.
- Other activities as requested.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Respect for privacy, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and with initiative when needed.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high intensity work environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues on diverse teams, both in-person and remotely.
- Proactive team player with strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible.
- Diplomatic and highly effective on an interpersonal level in addition to cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BRAC USA.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Up to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, Salesforce and Quickbooks. Experience with Slack, Salesforce or other collaboration platforms desired.
To apply, please complete the application and upload your resume and cover letter. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No calls, emails, visits, or recruiters associated with this position, please.
BRAC USA offers a competitive benefits package including base salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401k, annual professional development stipend, and generous paid time off. Note that some benefits are subject to a waiting period and more information can be provided to shortlisted applicants, upon request.
BRAC USA values a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
BRAC USA is unable to sponsor work visas for this position and will only consider applicants with valid work authorization in the United States.