Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
SIF is looking for a Finance Coordinator based in Damascus, Syria.
Involved in Syria since 2008, SIF has been working alongside UNHCR to bring equitable access to the basic services such as water accessibility, hygiene and sanitations to the displaced and affected populations in Syria. In a joint venture with UNICEF, SIF was able to create 5 centers in which unscholled children got education and diverse activities. Thanks to SIF's capacity building programme, 770 Teachers and more are now able to better protect vulnerable children against abuse, violence or even child labor.
You will be under the supervision Head of mission and supervising the Finance Team.
Your main responsabilities will be (evolving and non exhaustive list) :
- Defining and implementing SIF’s specific financial rules and procedures in the mission;
- Coordinating, planning et guaranteeing the follow-up of financial activities and procedures;
- Contributing to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy.
- Managing the finance teams
- To participate in the analysis and proposal of solutions for all decisions impacting the mission in general
- To supervise the recruitment and the management of the administrative and finance staff members
- To elaborate reports for the Head of Mission and donors
- To ensure the account and cash flow management
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Administrative and Finance Coordinator, or Deputy Administrative and Finance Coordinator with INGOs in similar context.
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel, and SAGA.
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably Arabic)
- 6 months, full time, renewable
- Contract start date: ASAP
- Remuneration according to profile
- Per diem, guesthouse
- Health insurance - 60% covered by SIF
- Repatriation/liability insurance - 100% covered by SIF
- Break allowance during the 3 and 9 month breaks
- Airfare to and from the mission location to home - paid by SIF at 6 and 12 months
SIF commits to:
At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
SIF practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or any type of violence, more broadly every type of offense to the legislation, regulation and code of conduct. SIF rallies its personnel in the promotion, diffusion and respect of its chart's principles.
You fit this profile and support our commitment?
Join our solidarity chain by applying to this job offer!