Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
SIF is looking for a Head of Mission based in Nairobi for its mission in both Kenya and Somalia.
Open since 2012, SIF's mission in Somalia, helped host populations and internal displaced people in Kismayo.
SIF contributed in improving food security and livelihood of vulnerable households in both countries. People impacted by the floods also received hygiene and first need kits. SIF developped as well its activities during COVID-19 pandemic by distributing medical supplies in Somalia. The sponsorship of orphans also supported their access to education.
Based in Kenya, the Head of Mission provides the overall leadership and strategic direction of SIF operations in Kenya and Somalia (in remote control).
Your main responsibilities are the following (evolving and non exhaustive list) :
- To coordinate and manage the overall planning and direction of SIF operations
- To provide leadership and management to the team,
- To Guaranteeing the respect of SIF procedures, policies and best practices,
- To analyze regularly the context, risks, operational access issues and availability of resources, in relation to the program objectives,
- To ensure that appropriate logistic structures and procedures are established and / or are maintained
- Representing the SIF toward local authorities, and the different stakeholders (Donors, local NGOs…).
- Identifying and securing institutional donors’s funding
- To ensure that appropriate administrative and financial guidelines and procedures are established regularly, maintained / updated and adhered to by the team as well as any basic systems required in country.
- Master in Humanitarian Management / International Cooperation / Project Management
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, or Deputy Country Director, or Chief of Party with INGOs in similar context.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Capacity to develop strong and fruitful relationships with key national and international stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- 6 months, full time, renewable
- Contract start date: ASAP
- Remuneration according to profile
- Per diem, guesthouse
- Health insurance - 60% covered by SIF
- Repatriation/liability insurance - 100% covered by SIF
- Break allowance during the 3 and 9 month breaks
- Airfare to and from the mission location to home - paid by SIF at 6 and 12 months
SIF commits to:
At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
SIF practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or any type of violence, more broadly every type of offense to the legislation, regulation and code of conduct. SIF rallies its personnel in the promotion, diffusion and respect of its chart's principles.
You fit this profile and support our commitment?
Join our solidarity chain by applying to this job offer!