ABOUT THE MISSION
Desired start date: 01/05/2022
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Región Centroccidental
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization that provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 39 years, our organization has worked towards meeting the three basic needs - water, food and shelter – of vulnerable and crisis-affected populations, and has been more specifically committed to fight against waterborne diseases, leading cause of death in the world. SI’s interventions are carried out based on its expertise in the field of access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential ones of food security and livelihoods. SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is currently present in about 20 countries where SI staff – a total of 2,000 people comprising expatriates, local staff, HQ employees and some volunteers – implements programs with professionalism and commitment whilst being mindful of respecting other cultures.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has started its activities in Venezuela relatively recently. After several exploratory missions were carried out in 2019, missions were opened and progressively increased their scopes of intervention. They now include activities such as WASH in health facilities, schools and targeted rural or urban communities through the improvement of water services and hygiene practices. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL operated in Venezuela within Consortiums with other French NGOs and some of its activities are implemented through local partners.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Support Manager (LOG/FIN/HR) will be in charge of the set-up of the base. He/she will organize logistic support for programs, in keeping with SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL procedures. He/she will assist the field coordinator in the implementation of safety rules. The Support Manager also carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL procedures. He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers. He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base. He/she supports monitors and trains the members of his/her administrative team.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Supply Management
- Vehicle Fleet Management
- Equipment/Telecommunications Management
- Administrative management of personnel
- Budgetary / financial monitoring
- Ensure timely procurements for WASH/FSL equipment, developing strategic linkages with local providers –
- Ensure regular budget follow-up and work on budget preparation for modification requests and proposals
- Strengthening local log-adm team for increased autonomy
- Support Support coordinator in process of launching new national HR management system
Specific required skills
- Relatively high level of autonomy, ability to handle balance between log-admin needs
- Creative and dynamic style of working, to set up a team in non-traditional humanitarian context
- Ability to build a structured working environment
- A minimum of 1 year of field experience in log and admin positions
- Experience working with local partners highly appreciated
- Previous experience in Latin America appreciated
- Previous experience with SI appreciated
- Good communication skills in both written and verbal Spanish and English
- Reactive, Flexible and resourceful
- Solution-oriented management
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 1980 euros gross per month) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités). To these break periods, one additional rest day per month worked is granted.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English through the following link : https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=72009
CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/