Credence Management Solutions is seeking a Digital Communications Specialist who will support the Content Development and Online Communications Team for our work with USAID in support of humanitarian assistance efforts overseas, responding to an average 75 crises in more than 65 countries every year.
The Digital Communications Specialist works with members of the Content Development and Online Communications Team, which is responsible for managing digital platforms—including more than 100 webpages on USAID.gov—as well as maintaining and growing social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, and LinkedIn. The team is also responsible for producing innovative and compelling content that broadly informs the public about the USAID’s work around the world and positions the agency as a go-to source for information. The team leads on creating stories, videos, interactive maps, social media posts, infographics, motion graphics and other content—working in coordination with direct hire staff.
Online Outreach and Content Creation:
- Create, modify, and update content on USAID.gov to better communicate the mission and impact to the public.
- Populate USAID website with information and materials, including public fact sheets, maps, situation reports, graphics, multimedia content, and other materials.
- Review, monitor, and update online disaster and crisis response content for quality and timeliness, as well as for compliance with the agency’s information management procedures and practices.
- Liaise with web team to make updates and apply editorial processes to systemically keep webpages free of errors and up-to-date.
- Collaborate with team to produce compelling storytelling content—and facilitate the creation of content from key external stakeholders—in line with agency messaging and strategy. This could include writing and producing blogs, social media and videos, and/or collaborating with other team members on campaigns, interactive maps or new webpages.
- Support the maintenance of the Center for International Disaster Information website and PSAid student contest website.
- Help maintain the online photo database in close coordination with team members.
Social Media Outreach:
- Produce and populate social media platforms with up-to-date content to increase engagement and followers.
- Engage with staff, partners, and other relevant parties to obtain compelling content.
- Draft social media posts, working in close coordination with the Press and Strategic Communications Team.
- Review social media posts of team members.
- Monitor comments and mentions; participate in relevant online conversations; respond in a timely manner.
- Track/monitor metrics and analyze social media trends to advise on ways to keep social media platforms in line with current trends.
- Coordinate with team on creation of social media campaigns and toolkits to highlight specific activities and programs and/or amplify specific events.
- Look for new engagement opportunities and messaging methods.
- Work with Strategic Communications and Humanitarian Information Division to identify, develop, and implement strategic communications goals; track and determine impact of targeted strategies.
- Work with division and team members to adapt communications outputs to reflect changing priorities and evolving needs.
- Develop new strategies in coordination with division and team members to expand public outreach and reach new audiences.
- Coordinate with USAID’s Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA), USAID’s Social Media Team, and other Agency communicators to ensure information is timely, accurate, and strategically aligned with Agency priorities.
- Sign-up for and serve as needed, on Washington-based Response Management Teams (RMTs), which provides services and support to Disaster Assistance Response Teams (DARTs) deployed in response to disasters. The duties on RMTs will be varied.
- As needed, serve on DARTs which may require immediate (within 24 hours) deployment overseas for an extended period of time.
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years or Master's degree with 6 yeears of progressively responsible experience working in online communications, journalism, digital marketing and/or and social media, including the management of social media platforms, content development, and website maintenance.
- A combination of coursework and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience developing various web/print/social media or organizing events.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively staying within a timeframe in diverse contexts, and as part of interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent analytical, visual, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical public health materials.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior staff, political appointees, media, and the general public.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, including cross-cultural teams.