Credence Management Solutions is seeking a mid-level PSC Contracts Specialist to support the U.S. Agency for International Development in Washington, DC. The PSC Contracts Specialist provides support to USAID offices in the fast and flexible procurement of humanitarian response personnel who are subject-matter experts in worldwide disaster response. The Contracts Specialists on the PSC Team focus on the contracting part of the procurement workflow and will interface extensively with the government, current contractors, and selectees for contract award. The Contracts Specialist must also be comfortable with employee in-take procedures, as there is a human resources element to their scope of work in facilitating negotiations of salaries and benefits, start dates, relocation, etc.
- Support USPSC solicitation, negotiation, award and contract administration activities.
- Draft all contract documents, including budgets and memos necessary to execute contracts and contract modifications for assigned actions.
- Ensure that all reports are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Ensure assigned USPSC contracts are in compliance with USAID, U.S. Government, and other regulations, laws, standards, procedures.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files and systems in compliance with U.S. Government and USAID standards.
- Monitor and track upcoming contractual actions and deadlines.
- Responsible for assuring that all information regarding the status of assigned procurement actions are in the Global Acquisition & Assistance System (GLAAS) databases and/or current systems as applicable for completion of work tasks and as per agency regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to USPSC awards from maintaining files to responding in an informed and timely fashion to contractual questions and request for assistance.This includes demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to internal and external customer requests.
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain secret clearance.
- Minimum 8 (with BA) or 6 (with Master’s) years of relevant experience. A combination of coursework and experience will also be considered.
- Government contracting experience, including demonstrated understanding of and experience with applicable laws, rules, regulations and procedures governing contracting operations (e.g. FAR, AIDAR, DFARS, DOSAR).
- Some knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and capacity building concepts is a plus.
- Successful candidates must be reliable, highly organized, motivated, and able to excel in a deadline-oriented work environment. Professional level skills in both oral and written communication.
- Outstanding customer service, interpersonal, and supervision skills;
- Reliable, highly organized, and motivated;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Superior computer skills (MS Office Suite in a network environment) including the ability to learn new software and databases quickly.
- Strong quantitative and analysis skills.
- Experience with basic Human Resources personnel intake processes
- Ability to complete tasks independently and in a timely manner
- Ability to handle multi-tasking well.
- Must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment while maintaining focus and balance priorities.