FRC has been present in the MENA region since 2003, in support to its partners the hosts national societies. Following the 2011 crisis in Syria, FRC established a permanent presence in Lebanon in 2013 in order to reinforce the capacity of the Lebanese Red Cross to better respond to the needs of Syrian refugees and the Lebanese host populations. The current financial and economic situation in the country imposes many additional challenges to all entities, institutions and communities (Host communities and Refugees) largely affected by the growing needs in the country. French Red Cross activities in Lebanon are mainly focused on supporting the Lebanese Red Cross Strategy in the country aiming to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable. Due to its topography, geography, history, and geopolitical position in the region, Lebanon faces a large scope of natural and man-made hazards.
Respecting and applying the principles of RC/RC Movement (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality), the Project Manager will have the following objectives :
- Ensure the implementation of FRC’s component in the AFD DRR project in Lebanon
- Support technically the LRC in its DRR strategy implementation
- Ensure the coordination with DRR consortium partners/stakeholder in Lebanon
- Ensure the coordination with DRR actors in country inside and outside the RC/RC Movement and identify synergies with others initiatives at Regional level.
● Abilities to work with local partners
● Experience with RCRC Movement experience preferred.
● Multi-skilled, flexible with a strong capacity of adaptation
● High sense of diplomacy, patience and tenacity,
● In-depth knowledge on DRR-related thematic areas: contingency planning, early warning early action systems, urban-DRR, DRR in conflict setting, etc.
● Experience in developing/writing technical ToRs related to evaluation/assessment, technical assistance, etc.
● Training skills, managerial competencies, engaging partners, capacity to mobilize and team work
● Able to manage stress
● Good analytical and documentation skills: ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of information (inclusive scientific ones); capitalize and document good practices and lessons learnt
● Strong communication and representation skills (English is mandatory, French and Arabic are an asset).
● Experience / knowledge of Lebanon/Middle East region is an asset
● Capacity to work under pressure and deadlines
● Previous experience in working in altered security context with strict security rules