The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded SuFiA TS Activity, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev), is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Senior Communications and Outreach (C&O) Specialist. This is a four-year regional program based in Bangkok, Thailand. This position will be located in the main program office in Bangkok or remotely from the employee’s home and country of residence.
The Senior C&O Specialist will report to the Chief of Party and will lead on all communications-related activities, product development, and capacity building and mentoring relating to regional strategic communications and knowledge management. Employing strong personal and networking skills, the Senior C&O Specialist will lead all aspects of SuFiA TS ASEAN-wide communications and collaborate with key partners to establish and implement clear regional communications and outreach plans. A key aspect of this position is working closely with and building the communications and outreach capacity of regional partners throughout the Indo-Pacific.
* Provide leadership to all aspects of SuFiA TS ASEAN-wide communications by producing internal and external communications plans, developing audience-specific regional outreach strategies, and generating project-level, multi-media regional communication products.
* Work closely with regional partners to develop and implement robust regional communications and outreach plans in SuFiA TS’ targeted seascapes and subregions.
* Develop and facilitate training plans to build capacity of staff from regional and local partner organizations around the development and use of external communications products and public outreach approaches.
* Draw on SuFiA TS’ expert technical assistance to develop communication strategies that promote best practices for legal, ethical, and sustainable fisheries management in, with customized messaging for each targeted constituency.
* Coordinate closely with other regional projects, including USAID’s bilateral programs Indonesia Ber-IKAN and Philippines Fish Right, to leverage messaging to localized levels maximizing SuFiA TS’ reach.
* Possess knowledge of wide-ranging communication platforms and digital media applications in the region and use that knowledge to leverage these mechanisms to support SuFiA TS’ ASEAN-wide communication and outreach strategy.
* Must have at least five years of demonstrated experience at mid- to senior-level or equivalent work experience in communication strategy and product development, including with the U.S. Government, and experience working in the Indo-Pacific region.
* Must possess knowledge of wide-ranging communication platforms and digital media applications in the region.
* The Senior C&O Specialist must have significant supervisory and or management work experience including 1) direct supervision of professional and support staff, 2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables and 3) capacity building and coaching/mentoring experience, ideally including at a regional level.
* Strong written and oral English communication skills
* Nationals from the following countries are strongly encouraged to apply: Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, the Solomon Islands, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam
How to Apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing Sample – must be sole authorship, maximum of 10 pages
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/SrCommsOutreachSUFIATS
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.