IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks qualified Private Sector Engagement Technical Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Program in Palestine to enhance the responsiveness of TVET programs and institutions to market needs, thereby enabling them to address key labor demands more effectively. The Private Sector Engagement Technical Specialist will be based in Ramallah and will lead efforts to link TVET institutions with private sector firms and service providers as well as develop Work-Based Learning programs for TVET students and graduates in partnership with the private sector.
Only citizens of Palestine or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development of partnerships between TVET institutions and private sector firms/service providers
- Drive the development of apprenticeship/Work-Based Learning (WBL) programs in partnership with private sector firms/service providers to provide on-the-job training opportunities for TVET students and graduates, coupled with regular feedback to ensure that the TVET institutions gauge the performance of their students/graduates
- Ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives
- Manage and supervise a team of technical support staff
- Ensure activities are gender sensitive/transformative, aligned with positive youth development principles, and emphasize participatory and youth-led approaches
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain relationships with the ecosystem of program stakeholders, including private sector firms/service providers, industry associations, civil society organizations, the donor, program beneficiaries, and others
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; project communications; and project reporting
- Other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Palestinian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Experience working in the private sector or a demonstrated understanding of private sector engagement principles and ability to develop a vision for both private and public sector alignment/convergence for increased development outcomes for youth
- Experience developing and leading apprenticeship/Work-Based Learning (WBL) programs in partnership with private sector firms/service providers to provide on-the-job training opportunities for TVET students and graduates highly desired
- Thorough understanding of Palestinian private sector and actors in high growth sectors
- Excellent skills in stakeholder mapping, outreach, engagement, and partnership development in support of program activities
- Eight years of relevant and progressively increasing responsibility developing and maintaining strategic relationships between public and private sector partners and growing those partnerships with at least four of those years in Palestine
- Demonstrated success working with senior private sector partners, donors, international organization partners, and other key program stakeholders creating linkages and fostering long-term productive relationships
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships
- Experience developing
- Experience managing staff to ensure timely, accurate and impactful reporting and communications
- Experience working on large-scale donor-funded projects (preferably USAID) strongly preferred
- A graduate degree in a relevant field such as business or international development
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o6VBjfwF&s=ReliefWeb to submit your CV and cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations.