IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 13 countries, and a global staff of 400.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified short-term consultant candidates to drive an assessment to prepare for an upcoming donor-funded secondary education program in Timor Leste. The estimated level of effort for this individual is 10-20 days between June – August 2022. Leveraging an existing network of key local stakeholders and relevant technical expertise, the Dili-based consultant will identify a wide range of key actors and conduct meetings to gather contextual inputs to inform the design of the upcoming program as well as identify potential partners and key personnel to drive implementation.
Only citizens of Timor Leste or residents with work authorization will be considered.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist in finalizing the assessment framework; develop a shortlist of key stakeholders for consultation and interview questions
- Set meetings, conduct consultations with key stakeholders, and provide regular updates via check-ins with the team in HQ
- Organize and facilitate focus groups, capturing inputs from participants
- Compile notes from each meeting and assessment takeaways in final report
- Remain attentive to context and learnings throughout consultancy and adjust assessment approach if needed
- Conduct desk review of IREX-provided documents to inform assessment
- Develop initial ideas for project design and partnering strategy based on information collected and knowledge of context
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, non-profit management, etc., with at least six (6) years of relevant experience (or bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience) supporting education programs focused on interventions such as in-service and pre-service teacher training, education system strengthening, integration of females into leadership roles within educational institutions, and or educator certification and quality assurance
- Successful track record of conducting assessments (with strong preference for experience with past USG-funded projects) and/or project design in support of new business development
- Ability to professionally present IREX to key stakeholders on the ground
- A successful track record of working substantially with local organizations and partners
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in Timor Leste
- Strong understanding of the Timor Leste context required
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials, educators, schools, youth-led groups, community officials, civil society, international donors, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral skills
- Proven organizational qualities and excellent management skills
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o71AjfwL&s=ReliefWeb to submit your CV and cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations.