IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks qualified Business Planning and Diversification Specialist (BPDS) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded media support program in Central Europe which will seek to strengthen the competitiveness of independent media in the national and regional marketplaces and improve the sustainability of the sector across the region through creative partnerships and collaboration. The BPDS will support efforts that promote the use of new business models for media and content producers that strengthen their financial viability and sustainability. Based in Warsaw, the BPDS will focus on working with media outlets, managers, and content producers to strengthen their business models and adopt new innovative practices that enable viability, and where possible, sustainability and/or profitability of independent media organizations.
Only Polish citizens or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the COP and DCOP in providing strategic and technical leadership to the project
- Serve as a liaison with various media stakeholders and develop a wide network of content providers
- Work with media outlets, managers, and content producers to strengthen their business models and adopt new innovative practices that enable viability, and where possible, sustainability and/or profitability.
- Maintain strong networks with media outlets, managers, and content producers
- Oversee and monitor quality of program activities, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget
- Supervise, manage, and mentor project staff and work in close coordination with IREX’s home office
- Perform other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Polish citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- At least five (5) years of progressive international experience working in media sector strengthening and reform, journalism, civic engagement, or related fields in Central Europe
- Familiarity with the key Central European government stakeholders, relevant private sector actors and civil society organizations working on media issues, and an understanding of the dynamics and relationships among them
- Significant expertise and understanding of the contemporary issues surrounding the sustainability and viability of media and the online influencer economy, content monetization strategies, and current trends in non-profit media models
- Proven track record of achieving results in media viability preferred
- Experience in supporting donor supported development programs of similar size and complexity highly preferred
- Similar experience with other USAID-funded programs is an asset; knowledge of USAID regulations and procedures preferred
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; master’s degree preferred
- English language fluency is required, including the ability to provide written reporting in English
Как подать заявку
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o9YAjfwK&s=ReliefWeb to submit your CV and cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations.