Tetra Tech International Development is (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Gender Advisor on an anticipated global project based in Washington, D.C. The goal of SPADE is to provide the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) with a flexible mechanism to provide timely technical services and support. Through the project, USAID will issue requests for studies, research, and analytical support to help BHA strengthen humanitarian response planning.
The Gender Advisor will serve as the project focal point to identify and understand gender-specific concerns and dynamics affecting women, men, girls, and boys in household food security. S/he will support activities in all project countries.
* Serve as primary technical expert and point of contact for gender and food security issues for all technical tasks and deliverables.
* Review questionnaires and survey instruments to assure gender and inclusion considerations are integrated and reflect or capture gender dynamics; and
* Contribute to analysis of assessment data and synthesize gender information relevant to household food security dynamics and related topics.
* Provide project-wide guidance and technical support to assure gender and inclusion issues are properly reflected in project design, analytical products, data collection methods and knowledge sharing practices.
* Manage discrete activities or tasks relating to gender and inclusion.
* An advanced degree in a relevant field (such as anthropology, sociology, gender studies or agricultural economics)
* Demonstrated, meaningful professional experience in food security, nutrition, agriculture, gender, or social inclusion;
* At least five years of relevant experience working with the household economy approach or similar methodology desired; and
* Effective training and communication skills and sensitivities in cross-cultural settings.
* English fluency is required; Proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese is preferred.
* Ability to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
How to Apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/GenderAdvisorFEWSNET
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.