For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Yemen for many years. MdM currently intervenes in the northern governorates of Sanaa and Amanat Alasima (support to 5 health facilities) as well as in the southern governorates of Abyan, Lahj and Aden (support to 10 health facilities). The strategy is based on two key axes: provide primary healthcare services, and provide mental healthcare and psychosocial support in specific healthcare institutions and through a network of community health volunteers.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the field coordinator, you have the responsibility to ensure the MEAL framework is created, updated, disseminated and implemented, to design the subsequent action plans, and to provide leadership on enhancing quality monitoring and evaluation systems.
You directly supervise a MEAL officer, while working in close collaboration with the medical coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Provide capacity building and methodological support to programme teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues, including research, assessments and evaluation
- Review and harmonize MEAL tools and checklists, information management and GIS mapping and data management system
- Develop and maintain monitoring tools for external and internal coordination and communication
- Ensure cross-cutting issues are integrated into MEAL tools
- Make sure programming is based on knowledge produced at mission level (lessons learned and recommendations)
- Oversee the feedback and complaints response mechanism and ensure accountability to beneficiaries
- Develop standard operational procedures for monitoring and archiving
- Introduce, pilot and institutionalise electronic data collection mechanisms
Grants management and reporting
- Act as the technical referent for donor compliance and grants management
- Contribute to donors reports and proposals, ensure harmonisation of indicators, ensure timely submission of reports and proposals
- Liaise with the medical coordination and keep up the grants tracker up to date
- Contribute to the design and development of the grants plan
Accountability and learning
- Sensitize operational and technical teams on accountability and learning mechanisms
- Contribute to initiatives related to accountability and learning mechanisms, ensure links with MEAL systems
- Support teams in the collection and documentation of good practices, lessons learned, and propose ways to disseminate learnings
- Contribute to data analysis and programmes reorientation when needed
Human resources and capacity building
- Participate in the recruitment and performance evaluation of relevant staff
- Identify capacity building needs related to MEAL, propose a training plan and provide adequate training and coaching
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: June 1, 2022
Gross monthly salary: 2 588 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Degree in MEAL, statistics, quality control or humanitarian project management
At least 3 years of experience in MEAL management or project coordination
Experience in training and capacity building
Knowledge of pack Office 365
Sense of organisation
Sense of priorities
Participation/contribution to a team
Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JZhyntUb?idpartenaire=128