Background information/Organizational Context
UNHCR's Internship Programme offers eligible students and recent graduates both at Headquarters and Country Offices the unique opportunity to gain hands-on practical work experience in the humanitarian sector in an international environment and to understand UNHCR's core mandate. This learning opportunity aims to attract talented candidates who bring diverse profiles and knowledge, innovative thinking and different ideas to the UNHCR's workplace. Internships are offered depending on the needs and capacity of offices to receive and supervise interns and to provide them with meaningful assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Draft innovative and creative concept notes for UNHCR events and activities thought the year.
· Participate in designing and organizing events and activities and support the concerned team in achieving the needed deliverables.
· Contribute to the production of public information material and various products focused on the event promotion for internal and external use.
· Update on reports, briefings, Talking points and Bios, prior to official meetings.
· Scan traditional and new media and initiate contact with social media influencers and other stakeholders to expand the office’s network, explain the support needed, and enhance engagement in supporting UNHCR events and activities.
· Participate in advocacy activities and in spreading awareness on UNHCR goals and mandate to a wider audience.
It is the intern’s responsibility to arrange for a visa/ residency and medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Candidates should be Kuwaiti national or holding Kuwaiti valid residency Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to support costs related to food and local transportation.
Applications without P11 form will not be considered.
Closing Date: 7 May 2022
How to Apply:
• Applications should be sent along with the CV and UN Personal History Form through email
• The electronic version of a UN Personal History Form (P.11) can be downloaded from the
following link (http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc).
• Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
• Ensure to list the position number you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further consideration.