Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Private Sector and Entrepreneurship Development Lead, Liberia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Private Sector and Entrepreneurship Development Lead for an anticipated agribusiness development activity in Liberia funded by USAID.
The Private Sector and Entrepreneurship Development Lead will work with private sector actors to build partnerships that strengthen the market systems affecting target value chains. The program is anticipated to start in 2022 and this position will be based in Liberia.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with private sector actors, cooperatives, partners, government officials, rural finance institutions, and any other associated stakeholders
- Facilitate the engagement of producer groups and service providers to better access profitable domestic and international market opportunities
- Design and implement sector-driven interventions that strengthen agricultural market systems, foster inclusive access to higher value markets, inputs, and services, and expand inclusive business models, integrating gender and youth, climate change, food security, and other cross-cutting issues
- Provide leadership in identifying inclusive market development opportunities, understanding evolving market trends, conducting targeted research on new/potential market channels, business models, or partnerships
- Identify market-based solutions and incentives to integrate male and female small-scale producers into efficient market systems
- Provide technical assistance to agricultural product development via viable market orientation, taking into account the marketing issues related to the transition to high-value products
- Contribute written input to program planning and reports
- Communicate program results to program staff, donor representatives, partners, and other relevant stakeholders to enable data and experience-informed decision-making
- Coordinate with cross-cutting services such as communications, GYSI, and MEL to ensure that activities effectively contribute to the success of overall project goals
- Bachelor’s degree in entrepreneurship, business, agribusiness, agronomy, development studies, or relevant field is required; master’s degree preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in economic growth, agribusiness development, private sector alliance building, or market systems development
- Demonstrated success in identifying new markets and closing business deals for agricultural products
- Experience working on facilitative approaches with producers, agribusinesses, and other private sector actors such as buyers, business development service providers, and financial institutions
- Previous USAID-funded project experience in Liberia is preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including government officials, private sector actors, financial institutions, project staff, and donor agencies
- Fluency in English is required
Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.