For our Call for Expression of Interest (CEI) for Remunerated External Experts we are looking for a Senior Reception Centre Design Expert. The CEI aims to establish a List of Experts envisaged to be deployed to EUAA Asylum Support Teams as part of EUAA’s operations in different EU member States. The CEI includes 76 profiles in the field of asylum and reception and it is open for applications until 4 May 2024.
The indicative tasks for the Senior Reception Centre Design Expert (profile n. 37) are the following:
· Conduct technical feasibility studies for the identification of adequate Reception centres, shelters and other sites (ex. safe zones)
· Support the selection of adequate sites by ensuring that all the relevant technical criteria are taken into consideration (e.g. availability/property, accessibility, security, topography, water resources, absorption capacity, and adequate terrain for proper sanitation facilities)
· Provide technical support and opinions on standards (Sphere/EU) related to the construction or improvement of infrastructures in the framework of public contracts with regards to reception centre facilities
· Support detecting and designing interventions of risk reductions, conservative management or improvements for the security of the infrastructures in compliance with the applicable legal framework (incl. use of calculation programs for the design of the interventions)
· Support the management of the filing system and the evaluation of technical documentation related to the interventions.
The candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Master’ degree in Architecture or related fields (EQF 7 or equivalent); based on the final specific assignment and tasks, a professional license might be requested;
· 5 years experience in tasks described;
· Proven experience in emergency architecture;
· Previous work experience in the design of reception camps, informal settlements and other operational settings desirable.
The details of the call including the procedure, conditions, the information about this specific profile (number 37), as well as the application details can be found on the following link: