Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Training Specialist position on an anticipated USAID-funded Regional Disaster Assistance Program (RDAP) in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). RDAP’s primary objective is to build disaster management and risk reduction capacity to improve the ability of host nations and regional entities to effectively respond to disasters, reducing the human consequences of disasters and the need for U.S. government assistance. In LAC, USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) office provides support to risk management programs through its regional office in San Jose, Costa Rica.
The Training Specialist will oversee and coordinate all activities relating to training for the project, including the development and review of existing and new courses across a range of humanitarian sectors and thematic areas. S/he will advise on the integration and adoption of new methods and technologies, and manage systems and processes to assess the quality, impact, and volume of technical assistance activities relating to training. The Training Specialist will work with the project team to design and implement a quality assurance and monitoring program for all training activities and resources.
* Research, plan, and manage the implementation of all training activities and coordinate, schedule, and oversee training activities, facilitators, trainers for a wide range of stakeholders.
* Research, develop, and review training curricula and certification programs, guidance documents, lesson plans, and manuals with technical staff to identify priorities, gaps, areas for improvement or expansion.
* Design and monitor the implementation of a training certification process to standardize certification criteria and requirements.
* Coordinate training and educational activities with program stakeholders at regional and national level and provide logistical support as needed for training activities and related events;
* Work with leadership team to develop training metrics to measure impact, quality, and substance of training programs, materials, and platforms, as well as data collection methods and processes.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred
* Five years of relevant job experience, including a minimum of 2 years of on-the-job experience supporting, coordinating, or implementing training programs, preferably in the humanitarian or emergency management sectors
* Knowledge of current, effective education and training approaches including adult learning, on-site, blended, and distance learning platforms and tools, and non-traditional education. Experience applying virtual or e-learning modalities strongly preferred.
* Experience implementing training-of-trainer programs.
* Excellent strategic planning; project design and management; and technical leadership skills relevant to adult learning across sectors.
* Knowledge of competency or certification systems in and practical experience of humanitarian and disaster preparedness and response, emergency management, climate change/resilience, public safety or disaster risk reduction sectors strongly preferred.
* Professional Fluency in English and Spanish required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/TrainingSpecRDAP
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and if noted above, any additional requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.