This is a limited duration full-time position for 1 year located in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh. It is dependent upon securing a visa which Medical Teams International will help to coordinate.
Responsible for managing Medical Teams COVID-19 Project in Kutupalong Refugee Camp, Coxs Bazar, funded by the U.S. Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM). Monitors project performance and ensures and tracks teams on planned activities of the program cycle implemented, including compliance with donor requirements in relation to project targets as defined in the award agreement and regular reporting. Supports on partnership and donor relations management.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and ensure timely implementation of planned activities and liaise with other JRRP Coordinators (and reporting to the Program Director of Health) for effective planning, execution and evaluation, while ensuring compliance with the donor agreement and project proposal.
- Monitor compliance with donor regulations, monitor budget expenditure and submit regular reports; inform Program Director (Health), Program Director (Operations), and Humanitarian Response Director on budgetary challenges as they arise, and prepare budget revision as required.
- Coordinate with Program Director (Health) and Health Advisor to ensure quality standards and standard operating procedures in relation to PRM-funded programming.
- Support Subgrantee (Food for the Hungry) in joint implementation of project activities according to the budget and project plan; ensure collaboration with MTI Program Director and FH Medical staff on all grant activities.
- Monitor Subgrantee to be in compliance with USG regulations and with the terms of the Subgrant Agreement.
- Lead monthly report writing for FH and Medical Teams on project expenditures, progress, obstacles, and recommendations.
- Lead donor report writing, in accordance with award agreement, including gathering of information and ensuring its accuracy and timely submission.
- Represent Medical Teams in coordination meetings with COVID response partners, with PRM in Dhaka, and with MoH, UNHCR and other partners relevant to project implementation, as directed by the Program Director (Health).
- Ensure that all assets and construction carried out in the project are labelled as per donor requirements.
- Liaise with marketing teams in FH and Medical Teams to ensure needed media and communication materials are available. Ensure project adheres with donor visibility guidelines.
- Assist in filing and record keeping of project activities and data entry of program statistics as requested.
- Participate at all stages of project cycle management, providing technical inputs and engaging key stakeholders at each stage to ensure maximum health impacts and fund usage.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Development Studies, International Relations or related field
- Postgraduate qualifications
- 5 years experience in project management in the humanitarian sector is required;
- Experience working with INGOs is required
- Experience with operations management
- Experience in health-related projects
- Experience with management of PRM funding
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and its application in emergency and development programs
- Highly skilled project cycle management, including budget development and management
- Highly skilled in analyzing data and writing reports
- Skilled in using appropriate database systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong command of English
- Ability to collaborate within multi-ethnic and multi-functional teams
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to support Medical Teams Calling and adhere to the Medical Teams Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to:
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. Add more options and include field requirements.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme hot or cold weather, and very basic living conditions.
Click HERE to apply on our website!
If the link above doesn't load, please see all our current openings at medicalteams.org/career/