Desired start date:
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Afghanistan (Kabul and field visits)
ABOUT THE MISSION
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL was created in Afghanistan in 1980 at the time of Soviet Occupation and has been supporting Afghan people for 38 years. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL always maintains its presence in the country until 2018, without interruption covering a wide range of activities, (water, hygiene and sanitation / food security and livelihoods / shelter) for population affected by conflicts or natural disasters, from emergency response to development-oriented programs. The Organization has been working successively in almost all provinces of Afghanistan. In the past years activities were implemented in Wardak, Bamiyan, Khost, Paktika, Samangan, and Kunduz provinces. End of 2018 SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL had to leave the country due to lack of funding but continued to monitor the humanitarian situation in the country with the willingness to support vulnerable Afghan population. The evolution of the situation in the country, marked by a possible collapse of public services and a halt to certain development projects, as well as an aggravation of the impact of changing climatic conditions on rural populations, leads SI to reopen its mission in Kabul during the last quarter of 2021.
The programs are under development and are scheduled to begin in late 2021. A first axis aiming at bringing support to the population’s victims of the drought in already fragile zones like the province of Bamyan will be developed. The second axis should allow to support people living in precarious conditions (EG KIS or IDP settlements in Kabul or other provinces) and whose situation has been worsened by the recent events. This axis of intervention could be developed in Kabul, or in another province around Kabul. Finally, complementary assessments will be conducted at the end of 2021 in other provinces and the overall intervention strategy could be upgraded in the coming months
ABOUT THE JOB
The program coordinator is the key actor of the development of Solidarités International country strategy. He/she is responsible to ensure the the quality and suitability of proposed technical approaches and ensures the appropriateness / relevance between SI’s activities and general objectives and needs of the population in the respect of do no harm and humanitarian principles. He/she coordinates the project cycle and more particularly the operational monitoring of programs implemented in the intervention country. He/she contributes to the capitalization process and the improvement of Solidarités International methods and techniques.
Specific tasks and main challenges:
- Program Team management
- Strategic orientation
- Relevance and quality of projects
- Coordination, technical support and operational monitoring
- Reporting / communication / representation / capitalization
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Recruitment / training of the Program Team in Kabul, support to the program Manager for the recruitment and training of the base program teams
- Participate in new assessments, in the design of the mission strategy and contribute to the development of new project proposals
- Support the program team in launching the activities.
- Support the PM in drafting the APUIC for their program. Monitor the quality and timeliness of activities implementation.
- Previous experience as program coordinator or emergency coordinator or related positions.
- Previous experience in implementing emergency project (Protection, FSL WASH and Shelter)
- Previous experience in carrying out assessments and designing assessment methodologies
- Previous experience in Afghanistan is an asset
- Experience of working in tense security context
- Experience in team management.
- Experience in delivering training and capacity building of staff.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Mastering of project cycle management, and project reporting.
- Knowledge in proposal design and writing
- Knowledge of delivering WASH / FS services in emergency context.
- Knowledge of SI rules and procedures.
Languages: English, knowledge of a local language would be an asset (Dari or Pashtu).
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: According to experience, starting from 2400 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs in the Guest House and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months.To these break periods, one additional rest day per month worked are granted.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Key information about living conditions
Living conditions are quite fair in Kabul, with possible access to all essential goods and services. It should be remembered that the consumption of alcohol is forbidden in Afghanistan. The security situation can be tense, and travel is sometimes restricted, but it is possible to have a social life.
Living conditions in the field are often harsher (limited access to electricity, harsher weather conditions, isolation, etc.) with paradoxically, depending on the area, less strict security conditions.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=66451.
CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/