Location: Pristina, Kosovo
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist candidates for the upcoming five-year USAID-funded Private Sector-Led Workforce Development Activity in Kosovo. The activity will seek to harness the leadership of the private sector as a change agent to develop sustainable and innovative models to develop the Kosovo workforce. The private sector’s leadership will offer a radically different approach to sustainability and will strengthen the ecosystem between the business community, education institutions, and policymakers.
The MEL Specialist will oversee and implement the program’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach, MEL plan, and learning agenda. S/he will manage the learning agenda, design and implementation of the MEL system, and the gathering and analyzing of, and reporting on data.
Only Kosovar citizens or expatriate residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversee the program’s CLA process in collaboration with the Chief of Party; ensure that the program’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor; work with leadership team to apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management
- Develop and implement a monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan across all program components including identification of process, output, and outcome indicators
- Develop monitoring activities that capture necessary data to report on program results
- Work with partners to ensure application of high-quality MEL activities and data collection; oversee partner capacity building as needed
- Ensure monitoring activities are conducted on schedule and participate in evaluations
- Communicate information obtained through M&E activities to IREX staff and various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners
- Be a primary MEL resource to the field office and field personnel; liaise regularly with IREX’s MEL team in DC
- Ensure data collection process is functioning in all activity locations to provide quality data within deadlines
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed
- Conduct regular visits to program sites to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of program activities
- Produce M&E reports for the Chief of Party and donors, as needed
- Develop annual performance plans and annual MEL plans
- Serve as member of the program senior management team
- Supervise assigned MEL staff
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Kosovo citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Minimum of six (6) years of professional experience in Kosovo implementing M&E activities, preferably of USAID or other international donor-funded programs; experience working on programs focused on workforce development preferred
- A master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, education, or related field; bachelor’s degree with eight (8) years of relevant experience also considered
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating program M&E systems from program initiation to closeout stages in Kosovo required
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Familiarity with innovative MEL methods to ensure data collection in areas with minimal connectivity and with participants with minimal literacy skills
- Experience in designing, managing, and implementing multi-disciplinary and results-based surveys, and developing and refining data collection tools
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers
- A demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment in a program
- Must have proven track record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, internet, email, social media, and teleconferences
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English is required
Как подать заявку
Please visit https://bit.ly/KosovoMEL to submit your CV along with a cover letter that summarizes your experience and includes your salary range expectations.