POSITION WILL BE BASED IN COTABATO CITY
PROJECT TITLE: Disaster Risk Reduction and Relisience Project in Maguindanao
Purpose of the position:
World Vision Development Foundation Inc., through this project, project implements a Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) intervention in Maguindanao Province in BARRM with the goal of strengthening the capacities of affected communities and families including children to anticipate, cope, and recover from the negative impacts of natural and violent conflict disasters. The project will strengthen DRR knowledge and improve disaster prevention, mitigation, and preparedness capacities of the municipal local government units (LGUs) and targeted communities.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the DRR Officer is responsible for the effective implementation of project activities based on approved logframe, DIP and budgets and ensuring necessary technical inputs are provided in accordance with the highest humanitarian and sector standards. The DRR Officer position is responsible for the following:
- Supports the Project Manager in ensuring quality operational planning and implementation/monitoring and reviews to meet project objectives
- Provides technical support/coaching and technical inputs on DRR to the WV project team and partners in all stages of project implementation
- Liaises closely with relevant local government units and agencies to build and strengthen partnership, ensuring smooth implementation of the project activities.
- Ensures proper documentation of project development and design/redesign and other activities; Supports and provides guidance to direct reports.
- Adheres to World Vision policies and guidelines, including safeguarding, data privacy, safety and security protocols and WV code of conduct.
- Demonstrates a Christ-centered life and work in working with the communities, partners and stakeholders
Project Planning Process
- Support project manager in the preparation of detailed activity plans of the project team
- Provides technical support on DRR to project team and partners
- Coordinates, organizes, and facilitates orientation and planning with partner communities and target government units and agencies;
- Facilitate identification of project participants/trainees/beneficiaries and feasible schedule of activities
- Ensure necessary information and documentation of assessment and planning activities are in place and made available to support over-all operational planning of the project.
Quality implementation, reporting and monitoring
- Implements project DIP and activity work plans efficiently in coordination with project team members and support teams, as appropriate; some of the key activities to be implemented include:
- Operational assessments including community risk assessment and identification of specific LGU or community needs/gaps for DRR
- Child focused DRRM trainings (preparedness, response, mitigation and prevention) for LGUs and communities
- community-based preparedness and mitigation activities
- community engagement and communication interventions, including ensuring complaints and response mechanisms
- Ensures necessary preparation and resources for activity implementation are identified, planned, and requested for appropriate approval in accordance with procurement, finance process and policies.
- Document DRR success stories and lessons learned to accompany the performance reports
- Submits reports to the Project Manager
- Maintain and/or build strong relationships with key DRR stakeholders especially at the community, municipal levels
- Work collaboratively with project team members and support teams as needed to ensure quality implementation of project
- Attend and participate in relevant DRR internal and external meetings and coordination activities, as advised and the Project Manager
Team and Team Performance Management
- Ensures Community Mobilizers are properly guided in their work to ensure quality implementation to accomplish work plans
- Coordinates work or activities of Community Mobilizers, ensuring synchrony , wise use of resources including time, important information about needs and capacities of targeted population/agencies are supported in a timely and safe manner
- Provides regular updates to Project Manager on any contextual information that may pose risks to the safety of staff and communities and risks to the project
- Must have completed at least a Bachelor’s Degree Environmental Science, or any relevant field with confident knowledge and understanding of DRR policy in the Philippines
- At least 5 years operational experience in working with INGO
- Strong background in implementation of disaster risk reduction (DRR) interventions especially grant –funded projects in humanitarian and emergency context
- Experienced in organizing, facilitating training and workshop for community adult trainings in a pandemic set-up
- Experienced in working with communities, local governments, line agencies, and other humanitarian organizations.
- With project management (planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) skills
- With experience in distribution management and cash-voucher programming
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a diverse cultural environment
- Excellent communication(written and verbal), coordination, managing skills
- Strong problem identification, analytical and solving skills
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent in operating MS office software and use of technology in program management.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, lead team of diverse people, can travel to remotes places and can cope with multiple stress including security risk areas
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org