Purpose of the position:
As member of the Senior Leadership Team, the purpose of this position is to lead and direct the overall programming of WV in the Philippines ensuring efficiency, effectiveness and relevance of all programs and projects given the various & changing contexts or landscape and available resources. The Operations Director ensures that all programs and projects are contributing to child well-being, WVDF country strategy and WVI partnership strategy.
To raise the level of competence and efficiency of the organization by providing high level of professional expertise to the strategic leadership of the organization.
- Provides strategic, viable inputs and technical advise during organizational planning and assessment, leadership meetings and whenever deemed required by the National Director.
- Updates the National Director and the Leadership Team on developments of Program Operations and Ministry milestones. Also serves as management support to the Ministry Quality Committee of WVDF Board.
- Coordinates with leadership team any and all partnership standards pertaining to Programs and Projects and other related Partnership initiatives and provide appropriate technical advice and viable recommendations for input to National Director’s decision making.
- Promotes and support organizational synergy through healthy and productive partnerships with other Teams and Departments of World Vision Development Foundation.
- Participates actively in the formulation of organizational policies by way of recommending relevant and viable policies and guidelines that will lead to better organizational and departmental performance.
To provide expertise and directions to Field Offices (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao), departments/units under the scope of responsibility to ensure strategic support, contribution, alignment and accountability of the following to strategic directions of World Vision Development Foundation:
- Facilitates the strategic/annual planning process among Field Offices, Private Non sponsorship Projects and grants-funded projects in accord with the approved organizational objectives.
- Develops Operation’s long-term (multi-year) directions that are aligned with the organization’s strategic direction in consultation with direct reports, and ensures quality implementation and accountability of Field Offices.
- Develops strategy and framework for national program operations and ensures its integration to all operational units.
- Leads negotiation with the local, international funding agencies, WV Support and Regional Offices on program/project proposals submitted by direct reports including the terms of reference of its implementation.
- Builds and strengthens strategic partnership with Non-Government Organizations, Government Units and other stakeholders at the national level in support to Program operations.
- Represents the Operation’s Team in any local and international conferences requiring his/her presence and updates the organization and direct reports on the relevance and impact of his/her attendance to these conferences.
- Develops and implements effective communication mechanism within the team to ensure plans and feedbacks are relayed to the proper person at the right time in accord with the team and organizational communication protocols.
- Consults regularly with direct reports on operations to celebrate milestones and to address ministry needs at the right time.
- Reviews and recommends to National Director the opening and closing of Programs and projects based on set standards and program design.
To strategically manage the performance of direct reports using effective tools and defined HR performance management guidelines, systems and processes.
- Collaborates with direct reports in defining annual work objectives, and learning and development goals.
- Provides opportunities and space to direct reports in the attainment of their learning and development objectives.
- Works collaboratively with People and Culture Director related to Operation’s capacity building agenda.
- Performs coaching and mentoring activities to direct reports from time to time or when deemed necessary.
- Facilitates performance feedback to direct reports based on needs or based on defined organizational schedule for annual individual performance evaluation.
- Provides rewards and corrective mechanisms for the performance of the whole division.
To provide spiritual leadership not only to Program Operation’s Team but as well as to strategic leaders of the organization based on biblical principles, WV core values, beliefs and Christ-centered Commitments.
- Ensures that Christ-centered Commitment is a foundational mandate of every Program Operation processes.
- Provides time and space for direct reports to participate in organizational initiated spiritual formation activities.
- Creates opportunities for direct reports and Operation’s staff for spiritual reflection and venues to increase their passion for the ministry.
- Leads the Program Operation Team in modeling biblical ethics and principles in actions and lifestyles.
- Leads the organizational reflection upon request or when deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science and Development Course or an equivalent substantial experience in social works/community development. Master’s degree preferred in the areas of Community Development/Social Works, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field
- At least 5years of broad and deep experience in leading and managing (preferably at senior level) development programs with focus on children
- Strength in program management especially child-focused, strategic partnering, communications and broad understanding of transformational development models
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org