Purpose of position:
Provide leadership and strategic direction in the development of the office strategy and the expansion of its program to neighboring countries. Accountable for all aspects of Living Water International work in the country. Communicate the gospel of Jesus Christ by “providing a cup of water in Jesus’ name”.
Education / Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Management or international development, or equivalent (Master’s degree is preferred).
. At least 10 years’ experience in a senior management position involving leadership responsibilities.
Business Competencies & General Skills:
· Proven capacity to lead teams from different countries and cultures.
· Demonstrated ability to deal decisively with complex situations.
· Strategic thinker with clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between operations and business strategy;
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies for offices operating in different countries in compliance with organizational strategy and agreed upon standards.
Substantial business acumen in general management, financial management and operations with work experience in the WASH sector.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
· Ability to train and develop capacity in country-level staff.
· Commitment to Christian ethos of development.
· Strong skills in business planning, stakeholders management and inter-cultural communication.
· Experience in donor management.
· Strong English language skills including excellent presentation and writing skills and fluency in local language.
Willing and able to travel internally and regionally up to 50% per cent of the time.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Lead the design and the implementation of the offices’ strategy in line with the overall Living Water strategy and relevant to the local context.
· Ensure the integration of the different offices’ strategies for the efficiency of our operations and more impact in the areas covered by the different programs.
· Raise the profile of Living Water in countries through networking with other organizations and collaborative relations established with local stakeholders.
· Facilitate alignment of the country program with LWI Regional & Global policies
· Develop or support the development of the national board of directors (where legally required)
· Develop operational plan that office operations can be measured against strategic and program targets.
Program Funding and Grant management:
Working closely with Regional staff, Global Program and Development team:
· Assess program specific funding needs and develop concept notes
· Develop and maintain relationships with donors for the diversification of the funding sources of the office.
· Follow LWI policies regarding any locally generated revenue.
· Oversee program development and grant management.
· Responsible for ensuring the offices’ culture is centered on a Christian ethos in accordance with LWI mission and values.
· Participate in and lead regular devotional meetings;
· Provide spiritual care for staff;
· Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships,
· Ensure legal compliance in all areas: health and safety, labor laws, taxes, insurance and other local requirements;
· Living Water Policy and Procedure Compliance
· Responsible for ensuring all program areas are following LWI policies and procedures in accordance with LWI published documents such as minimum standards, field manuals etc.
Financial and Resource Management:
· Be accountable for budget, resources and assets, ensuring financial controls and cost effectiveness in accordance with LWI mission and values;
· Develop and manage country operating budget including major capital expenditures
· Oversees and ensures compliance with local policies and ethical guidelines and complies with guidelines on procurements, security and other functions
· Ensure planning process to enable country to use available resources in the best way to carry out agreed upon country strategies.
· Promote country funding needs to RVP
· Effectively lead the team within the performance management framework and coach staff/managers.
· Ensure methods of operation and working behaviors are in line with LWI values, policies and are in legal compliance.
· Recruit staff in accordance with local requirements and LWI procedures;
Security and Risk Management:
· Be fully accountable at countries” level for emergency and risk management.
· Develop a plan and ensure staff awareness and compliance
· Act as guardian of the LWI brand in country
· Ensure staff are continuously engaged and aligned with LWI global mission, strategy, values, strategic direction and country plan
· Work with peers across LWI to share knowledge, skills, resources and networks.
Как подать заявку
Is this the job for you?
Visit our Web site to apply for the position: https://water.cc/employment/
We are offering a local contract in Honduras. No international contract is offered.
Due to the number of CVs received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.