Position: Full – time Support Communication Officer
Location: People in Need (PIN) HQ Prague
Line management: Head of Communication & Advocacy Department
Starting date: ASAP
Contract lenght: 1 year with possible extension
Description of the position:
Support Communication Officer is part of the Communication and Advocacy Department (50%) and fundraising department of PIN (50%). She/ he ensures that all the communication outputs will appear on PIN communication channel in professional and innovative way and authors will receive proper feedback. She/he also supports the communication of topics connected with PIN work (e.g. international days/events, anniversaries) and other communication/fundraising campaigns and looks for innovative ways of promotion. She/he supports social media campaigns of PIN.
- To find international days/topics relevant for PIN and come up with ideas how to promote it in connection with activities PIN is doing in the field. To maintain the calendar with days, anniversaries and preparing the schedule for preparations of the communication/fundraising campaigns.
- To organize events, exhibitions, debates etc. of CAD.
- To follow new trends in communication of development/humanitarian topics. Contributes to PINovations in communication.
- To manage editing/translation/proofreading and ensure the quality of articles and prepare subtitles/captions for videos prepared by country programmes.
- To support the website administration.
- To monitor RDD media outputs, coordinate with volunteers preparing monitoring and ensure feedback for authors.
- Support with administration of ongoing CAD projects - DEAR, European Climate Foundation.
- Evaluate social media campaigns (to work with social media statistics and Google analytics)
- Coordination of planned boosted social media campaigns for PIN global channels. (maintain of online excel sheet).
- Fluent in English and Czech
- Previous experience in communications in a NGO welcomed
- Previous media experience welcomed
- Basic graphic design skills
- Video and photo editing welcomed
- Enthusiasm to learn new things in communication and advocacy
- Ability to work under stress with tight deadlines
- Excellent time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding and commitment to the values of People in Need
People in Need Offers:
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work in an international environment
- Starting salary in the range of 32,000 – 35,000 CZK based on the previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- 3 days of sick leave
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarden in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to Apply
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).