EnCompass seeks (Senior) Monitoring Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Ghana. This anticipated project will provide USAID/Ghana with services focused on supporting and facilitating USAID’s capacity to utilize MEL approaches in service of improving development outcomes, and on strengthening the organizational capacity of USAID/Ghana’s strategic partners.
The position will be full-time and be based in Accra, Ghana with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The (Senior) Monitoring Specialist likely role will support the MEL team by assisting the Mission with its Performance Management Plan (PMP), Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), reviewing implementing partner monitoring and evaluation plans and providing assistance to strengthen them. The (Senior) Monitoring Specialist will also assist in compiling and analyzing performance data for the Mission and presenting that data back to Mission staff to support conversations about the implications of the data for management
Essential functions include:
- Work closely with Mission staff to design and implement the Mission’s PMP.
- Support the Mission in conducting DQAs and developing Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS).
- Develop data collection tools and oversee collection of accurate, high-quality data.
- Design and implement standardized and specialized training on monitoring for Mission staff and implementing partners.
- Perform regular field visits to implementing partners for on-site mentorship and coaching.
- Supervise other MEL staff working on monitoring and supporting the Mission’s shift to a new performance indicator database.
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master’s degree in a social science, organizational development, development studies or a related field highly preferred
- Minimum of six (6) years of demonstrated experience developing and implementing PMPs and Activity MEL Plans (AMELPs), monitoring instruments, baseline data collection and M&E storage systems on donor-funded projects
Experience and Skills
- Experience conducting and ensuring data quality assessments; setting targets for indicators as well as setting definitions for indicators; and conducting field work/data collection in Ghana
- Advanced degree in statistics, demography, social sciences or a related area
- Strong communication, facilitation and collaboration skills in working with other organizations
- Working knowledge of English required; additional local languages preferred
- Experience supervising staff working on monitoring tasks
- Understanding of knowledge management as it relates to USAID programs an asset
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Familiarity with USAID/Ghana Mission is preferred
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
- Ghanaian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application at https://app.ismartrecruit.com/jobDescription?x=E7pZW5jb21wYXNzd29ybGQuY29tXzM2MF9QUk9NT1RFVVJMX2VuQ9e