With support from the Global Fund, USAID, DFID, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and other donors, PSI has worked in Liberia since 2008. PSI/Liberia has implemented social marketing and evidence-based behavior change communications to deliver prevention and treatment products and services across a range of health areas, including sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, child survival, WASH, and the Ebola Virus Disease. PSI/Liberia's historical partnerships with the Ministry of Health and many non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations in Liberia help expand the reach of health and communication campaigns in alignment with national policy to reach the most vulnerable.
PSI seeks a Director of Market Systems Strengthening to oversee the development strategies to grow the sanitation market in Liberia to make it easier for consumers to access sanitation products and services under an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded sanitation project in Liberia. The project will implement a comprehensive county-wide approach for sustainably ending open defecation and increasing access to basic sanitation through 1) Improving sanitation governance, 2) Promoting the adoption of safe sanitation behaviors, 3) Strengthening sanitation markets, and 4) Increasing access to financing for sanitation.
Sound like you? Read on.
The Director of Market Systems Strengthening will provide technical expertise on market development, including private sector engagement and capacity building, design of sanitation products and service improvements, and entrepreneurship. S(he) will also ensure institutional engagement in support of private sector participation and represent the project on public-private sector issues at strategic planning meetings with collaborators and donors. The ideal candidate will oversee market landscaping and ensure that products and services are high-quality and affordable for the consumer; work with the private sector, civil society, and government partners to develop market-led solutions to market; develop implementation strategies to improve demand and supply of affordable and higher quality sanitation products and services; and work closely with supply chain actors, service providers, and the Director of Marketing Behavior Change and Sales to increase access to services.
The Manager of Market Systems Strengthening has deep experience in business and/or with market-led development approaches in Liberia, a passion for knowledge sharing and capacity building, and a positive and action-oriented attitude.
What are we looking for?
· Master's Degree in marketing, business, communication, engineering, or related field;
· At least seven years experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably in the sanitation sector;
· Experience in developing, implementing, and executing market-led approaches to development, preferable in the WASH sector.
· Experience building capacity of private sector businesses and developing viable service delivery models to reach diverse consumers;
· Ability to develop business and financial models for small/medium-sized businesses.
· Demonstrated track record of working with the private sector and private-public partnerships;
· Sales and marketing experience and design of marketing strategies highly desirable;
· Excellent diplomatic, oral/written skills and presentation abilities;
· Fluent in English;
· Strong preference for a citizen of Liberia;
· References will be required.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status, or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter (only) to *Liberiawash@psi.org. Please list the title of the position you are applying for in a Subject Line**.*** The deadline for resume submission is September 30, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.