Desired start date
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Nigeria, Borno State, Maiduguri
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 operational bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY (Borno, Yobe and Adamawa) States through its emergency component. Current coordination is based in Maiduguri while a representation office is set up in Abuja. In 2020, SI opened a Base in Zamfara State to start Emergency Response in North West where the security and humanitarian situation has been deteriorating over the past few years. Security and humanitarian situation in both North East and North West as well as epidemic outbreaks continue to affect millions of live in those areas.
SI is responding to the humanitarian needs of displaced populations and host communities through WaSH, Shelter & NFI, FSL (Food Security and Livelihood) and Emergency/Rapid Response activities. In order to promote an integrated approach, SI is also lead partner of three consortiums: one with INTERSOS implementing CCCM and protection activities and two with ALIMA (Health and Nutrition).
The annual budget of the mission is around 9 million euros in 2020 and the mission has potential for development in its current area of intervention as well as in the North Western part of Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
The mission is fully staffed with 18 international and 200 national personals. Position is currently based in Maiduguri.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Deputy LogCo supply will implement and supervise all supplies operations at coordination base. He/she will organize and supervise supply administrative management, custom clearance operations, procurement, storage management and freight organization, in the frame and in accordance with SI processes and guidelines. He/she will manage the Supply team.
Specific stakes and challenges
- Ensure close coordination with program teams for timely procurement and delivery to the field
- Challenging operational context for cargos’ movements to the deep-field (military restrictions, bureaucratic impediments)
- Limited Access Programming (LAP) set-up with very limited access from coordination team to the deep-field bases (North East and North West)
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Ensure full operationalization of the LAP setup
- Ensure close coordination for timely delivery of materials and goods to deep-field bases for close to completion projects
- Capacity-building of the relatively new North West Nigeria team
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Logistical Coordinator
- Line report(s): Supply team
- Experience in similar position (minimum 1 year);
- Languages: fluent in English (additional languages a plus)
- Previous experience communication with HQ and leading a country supply team.
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- Knowledge of general logistics management
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience with SI is a plus
- Ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics
- Appropriate skills and experience in the capacity building and training of staff
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions
- Resilience to stress and pressure;
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Quick decision-maker and work in autonomy;
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills;
- A great team player and leader;
- Excellent interpersonal and capacity building skills
- Remote management skills (delegation skills)
SI WILL OFFER YOU
Salary: According to experience, starting from EUR 2420 gross per month (EUR 2200 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
Monthly Per Diem: USD 600
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of residence and the mission.
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months
- 1 day off per worked month.
These days off, as well as the breaks, are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary: they are offered by SI.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Please note that this is an expatriate position.
The candidate will be accommodated in the guesthouse in Maiduguri. The per diem rate is 600 USD a month in Maiduguri.
Living conditions in Maiduguri are good, despite the security and COVID restrictions. Electricity and internet are available at the office and at the GH at all times. Volley-ball court, ping pong, and some gym equipment are available in the GH. All essential good (food, hygiene etc..) can be bought locally in the small shops around the office, or in the pre-validated supermarket. Visits to other NGOs are possible, as well as some the City Star restaurant.
Living conditions in Abuja are comfortable even if the recent tensions and the COVID situation could temporarily decreased the possibilities for social gathering.
Security context is challenging in both North East (Borno) and North West (Zamfara), Nigeria, justifying specific arrangements in terms of movements to the field.
Please send us your CV AND Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=65650.
Please bear in mind that we receive a high volume of applications, which means it can take us a few weeks to get in touch with you.
If you are shortlisted, please not that SI’s recruitment process usually includes: an HR interview, reference checks, written test, technical interview.
Eventually, please note that the vacancy may close before the deadline.
If you haven’t made up your mind yet, check our website.