Desired start date: 01/10/21
Duration of the mission: 9 months
ABOUT THE MISSION
There are 3 implementing offices in Syria (2 in North East, 1 in North West) with the coordination in Amman and a small support office in Erbil - Iraq. The total financial volume of the mission for 2020 was approximately of 26 million EUR (9 million for Deir Ez Zor/Hassake itself). The mission has now reached a number of approximately 50 expatriates and 250 national employees
Syria mission is dedicated to work on recently opened and challenging areas to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. Main activities are focusing on:
- Wash (water distribution and rehabilitation, latrines and showers, waste management, hygiene promotion) in IDP settlements
- Distribution of essential in kind NFI and cash (wash, shelter, winterization) for vulnerable populations.
The program includes as well a great part of more “durable” activities:
- Water stations and network rehabilitations,
- Institutional rehabilitations (hospitals, schools).
Additionally, SI has a contingency and capacity to respond to emergencies in all NES and has been responding to the COVID-19 crisis (some specifically dedicated grants are ongoing).
ABOUT THE JOB
- Management of expatriates’ movements and all related administrative processes from Erbil and for Syria
- Managing the Log supervisor & admin supervisor
- Coordination with the Iraq mission on log, admin, finance and HR matters
- Management of Bank accounts, and cash box in Erbil.
- Closure of monthly accounts as per finance calendar
- Ensure that finance filing is done properly
- Regular update and analysis of BFU for Erbil budget lines
- Ensure proper documentation as per SI rules for any payments on behalf of bases.
- Lead all logistics operations in Erbil & contribute to monthly Log Pack by sharing monthly report with Coordination
- Ensure proper procurement process for all purchases done by Erbil base
- Ensure respect of SI procurement policies and good practices on Erbil base
- Ensure proper digital and physical archiving of logistics documentation
- Support NES team by collecting quotations for NES activities
- Manage/facilitate all import-exports process from Erbil into NES in terms of obtaining all administrative paper & organizing freight/transportation
The main challenges:
- Covid19 related impacts and frequently changing rules
- Remote management (hierarchical and functional) – To be the only expat of the Syrian mission in Erbil (transition from dedicated Log & Admin positions)
- Ensure that; with the collaboration of SI Iraq Finance Coordination, participate to Bank analysis as per Amman Finance Coordination request & share final analysis report in order to identify most appropriate with a better capacity of managing incoming transfers in Erbil
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Coordinate with Iraq mission for remuneration review.
- Capacity building of the Erbil supervisors (Logistics & Admin)
- Follow on the arrival of new expats / movements
- Improve quality of monthly accountancy
- Follow the MTA process, what is supposed to be done, when and how and who is responsible
- Ensure LFU is fully and properly updated.
- Installation and set-up of the guesthouse for the Syrian Mission in Erbil
Responsibilities and main activities:
The Logistician-Administrator will implement and supervise all logistics operations at his/her assigned base.
He/she will organize logistic support for programs, in keeping with Solidarités International procedures.
He/she will assist the base manager or the field coordinator in the implementation of safety rules.
The Logistician-Administrator also carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures.
He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management, and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers.
He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base.
He supports monitors and trains the members of his administrative team.
Management: Number of persons under direct management: 1 logistics supervisor, 1 admin supervisor
Specific skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in a field related to business administration / logistics/ accounting / HR
- Previous working experience in admin and logistics (1 to 2 years)
- Experience in humanitarian sector is required
- Autonomous, organized, ability to prioritize and to work under pressure
- Strong computer skills essential (Pack office, excel)
- Able to communicate & coordinate well between Irak mission/NES team, Amman Coordination & NES forum
- English: Full English proficiency
- Knowledge of Arabic would be appreciated
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1980 euros gross per month (1800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked > i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract**.**
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
In Erbil, security risks are low and restrictions are limited. However, security rules from the Iraq mission must be followed.
Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Covid19 rules applying in Erbil must be strictly followed and are subject to regular changes depending of the status of the pandemic
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=65613. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/