Job Title: Search & Rescue and Firefighting Program Manager
Line Manager : Programmes Director
Department : Programs
To supports management of client contracts, project field operations, and assists with coordinating Management office program management activities. The PM supports overall operational, contractual, and financial management of the program and management of field office operational staff. The PM will also play a significant role in business development from capture through live phases, including information gathering, technical approach, and partnering. The PM will report to the Programmes Director.
- Supports the Programmes Director regarding Consortium coordination and communication to donors/government in relation with programme issues.
- Coordinates development and implementation of harmonization and standardization strategies across all grants within the Consortium both for emergencies and longer term resilience projects.
- Follow-up on creation and utilization of systems, tools and mechanisms to reinforce programme quality controls.
- Identifies funding opportunities, participate in all new project proposals and coordinates with Projects planning manager to align all SCD strategy with support from Projects planning Coordinator to all ongoing activities.
- Submit all required program reports for current grants with Consortium Partners and originating donors with support from projects planning manager
- Contributes to designing and guiding the Consortium and resilience learning agenda and to enforcing accountability and learning within SCD Management, in collaboration with MEAL.
- Supports the communications and Media team to develop and coordinate information sharing mechanisms for main Consortium stakeholders: government counterparts, coordination bodies, Lead Agency, communities and donors.
- Supports Programmes Director and the Communications with advocacy related activities.
- Builds capacity of field staff to ensure a smooth delivery of both resilience, early actions (crisis modifications) and emergency activities.
- Ensures all working groups and work streams are functional and productive.
- Respect and implement all principles of protection from sexual exploitation and abuse, and ensuring the safeguarding of children.
- Provide direct program management support to the project assigned.
- Support to facilitate the successful start-up, implementation and close-down of field programs.
- Write and submit the monthly program Summary reports and provide monthly financial oversight.
- Support the development and submission of the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plans as per donor requirements.
- In collaboration with Programmes Director and projects planning manager, coordinate a regular program review meetings as well as liaise with prime and subcontractors’ administrative.
- Monitor progress against project output and provide feedback and action steps to resolve issues.
- Coordinate, write and review and assist in submitting donor reports.
- Provide training on donor compliance to field staff.
New Business Development
- Serve on proposal and application development teams to capture new business and projects.
- Assist in proposal development and/or review as a proposal team member, as requested.
- Collaborate with new business department to share feedback on lessons learned during implementation that may strengthen program design and operations.
- Contribute to donor engagement strategies
Writing and Communication
- Write and submit excellent program quarterly donor reports.
- Assist in the development of success stories about the project, work with the Media team to ensure that success stories communicating out project successes in a variety of ways including Website, articulates, brochures and flyers, PowerPoint presentations etc.
Work any assigned mission from the management.
- Note: the above-mentioned responsibilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department's organizational chart or title.**
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
Minimum of three years of programs field and program support.
Arabic language is mother tongue and fluent in English.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of project management systems, tools and processes applied in a SCD setting.
Advanced skills and experience with MS Office Products with the ability to learn additional software packages.
Superior communication abilities; can present facts and ideas clearly, professionally and concisely (both oral and written communication).
Prior experience and knowledge of USAID, USDA, or Gates Foundation, DFID and/or other donor organizations rules, regulations and procedures.
Minimum of five (5) years of programs field and program support.
Core & Technical Competencies
- Stakeholders Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological Awareness.
- Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Empowering Others
- Leadership with Guidance
- Active Listening
- Advanced Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- experience and knowledge of project management systems, tools and processes applied in a SCD setting.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with global colleagues and partners.
- Excellent reporting skills are a must ( in English).
Ability to work effectively and professionally in past-paced, ever-changing, multicultural, and team environment
Как подать заявку
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application form on this and attach your CV and a covering letter explaining your background, suitability for the role, and interest in what we do.
Closing date for application: 27 Oct 2021.
The Syrian Civil Defense believes in achieving diversity in its workforce, by encouraging all qualified applicants, male and female, to apply for the vacancies announced.
The Civil defense's employees and volunteers are obligated not to practice sexual exploitation and abuse, in exchange for the services they provide, in addition to assuming their responsibilities to protect children from harm and abuse and to ensure a safe environment for them, and to work to create a safe work environment for everyone free from any form of harassment, abuse, exploitation or misconduct during work that diminishes the dignity and safety of the volunteer or employee.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be contacted.