Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Award Management System Adviser at our London Save the Children office location.
Save the Children International (SCI) is undergoing significant transformation across a number of core business procedures, systems, and structures, through the implementation of a number of High Performing Organization (HPO) Change Projects. Award management, the core business procedure for Save the Children, has links to the majority of these projects and is required to provide leadership and direction to ensure alignment with the end-to-end procedures, and system, and are supporting consistent and efficient delivery of programs.
The Award Management System Adviser will be a key part of the Award Management team in the International Programs department and will support the Senior Awards Manager, Global Systems and Analytics Lead as the business and systems adviser for Save the Children's Award Management System (AMS). AMS is an online system used globally by Save the Children to manage its awards operations in 5 programming regions and 17 Save the Children members who work with SCI.
The AMS Adviser is strategically positioned to provide operational award management system expertise to key Transformation Delivery initiatives in Save the Children. The AMS Adviser will work closely with at least one of a range of Transformation Delivery projects that impact AMS and require business and systems engagement to shape the end product. The AMS Adviser will also work closely with the AMS Support Manager in providing BAU operational support and advice to end-users globally.
This role will:
- Work closely with key priority projects (such as Flexible Operating Model)in building a plan for AMS design, implementation and roll-out to relevant offices.
- Gather and documentrequirements for implementation in AMS, including reviewing user stories.
- Coordinate user acceptance tests with a small group of key end users.
- Work with AMSchampions, IT first line support staff and super users based globally, ensuring that key learning materials and support guidance is developed, published and used
- Ownership of the AMStraining materials, ensuring they are updated as needed.
- Manage the development of enhancementsand bug fixes in close coordination with software development team and key end users.
- Coordinate with other Save the Children priority projects to ensureseamless integration of processes, tools and systems in Save the Children.
- Provide leadership across the Save the Children family for ensuring data quality and integrity.
This is a highly collaborative role, working daily with stakeholders throughout Save the Children across the world, to facilitate a culture of data quality and system efficiency to help support our global ambition for children. This role may move between Transformation Delivery projects as required by the organisation to best meet the needs of the portfolio.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, you will be expected to work flexibly outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Grant & Contract management:
- Understanding of NGO grant management.
- Ability to demonstrate practical know-how of award management at operational level.
- Excellent skills in developing manuals, guidance and tools that are accessible and user-friendly.
- Knowledge of the design and delivery of face to face and online trainings
- Excellent project management and prioritisation skills; strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching; ability to work across different cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain complex issues to a wide range of audience.
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload; to work effectively under pressure; and to organise and prioritise work to ensure departmental deadlines are met.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting and across teams.
- Solid skills in Microsoft applications. Experience managing content on intranet type systems a plus.
- Ability to challenge and negotiate assertively and cooperatively with senior staff.
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and awareness of what constitutes good practice.
We can offer circa £34,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in our London Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dGFuaWEuZHVnZ2FsLjMyMjY1LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ