World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
Joining Forces is an alliance of the 6 largest child-focused international NGOs, all united to end violence against all children and secure the rights of every child.
As Project Coordinator for Joining Forces, you will be responsible for the planning, design and good functioning of coordination platforms and accountability mechanisms that ensure implementation of the strategic directions established by the CEOs of the six agencies and annual work plans. This includes day to day operations, management of the Secretariat, administrative services, and support to the Joining Forces partnership as requested by the Joining Forces Steering Committee (JFSC).
You will lead a team of two part-time staff: the Project Administrator and Project Officer, and one full-time Fundraising Advisor. You will provide supervision, oversight, and day-to-day management support to ensure the functioning of the JFSC.
- Bachelor’s degree level education.
- Extensive management experience in a complex organizational setting and, ideally, within secretariats or Boards of multi-organization initiatives/partnerships.
- Experience working in multicultural environments, participation in networks and coalitions, and working effectively in non-hierarchical settings.
- Understanding of multi-stakeholder funding processes, and an ability to manage them and transparently report on them (in cooperation with finance experts from the six organizations if required).
- Great interpersonal relationships and negotiation skills with all levels of staff as well as Sr. Leaders. Excellent written and verbal English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
How to Apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 30 SEPT 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.