VisionFund International is financial empowerment from World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Working together as part of World Vision – VisionFund enables impoverished households to increase their incomes and then impact communities to increase economic activity, access clean water, education and healthcare, benefit from improvements to nutrition, and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish.
Through our work, every 60 seconds a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
Finance for Transformation (F4T) is VisionFund’s program to offer financial services to saving groups. The flagship product, the saving group linkage loan, follows a methodology, specifically designed to the target groups.
As the Finance for Transformation Advisor for the West Africa Region, you will support and guide Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) during the pilot and roll out of this product, focusing on West African countries. We have already developed standards regarding product process, training materials and various guidance materials.
You will use the existing materials to support MFIs to increase their reach of savings groups. This will include capacity building among MFI staff, monitoring of operations both through field visits and through regular monitoring meetings, reports, etc, and developing new partnerships with NGOs.
- University degree in relevant field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in development work (preferably with saving groups / livelihoods / resilience / gender equality).
- Project management experience is required, including financial monitoring and reporting.
- Experience of delivering training virtually, as well as in person.
- Must have a proven track record of engaging and influencing leaders externally and internally – e.g. building new partnerships, leading change, introducing new products/services and speaking at events, webinars and conferences.
- Must be fluent in French and English.
- Must be able to travel for work in very remote/rural areas.
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
How to Apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 OCT 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Preferred position location: Dakar, Senegal. Other possible locations: Ghana and Rwanda where WVI/VF is registered to operate.
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.