IMPACT Initiatives is an International Humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative, which was created in 2010 to facilitate the development of information tools and products that enhance the capacity of aid actors to make evidence-based decisions in emergency, recovery and development contexts. The IMPACT teams comprise specialists in data collection, management and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing and operate in 16 countries. For more information visit: www.reach-initiative.org and www.impact-initiatives.org.
We are currently looking for a HR Intern – Career & Internal Mobility to support the IMPACT Initiatives team in Geneva.
Title: HR Intern – Career & Internal Mobility
Duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
Location: Geneva - International Environment House
Remuneration: 1150 CHF/month
The HR Intern - Career & Internal Mobility will be supervised by the HR Officer - Career & Internal Mobility.
The HR Intern - Career & Internal Mobility assists HR Officer - Career & Internal Mobility on aspects relating to career and internal mobility management, particularly the follow-up on employees’ career changes, end of contract & end of mission, including the update of the monitoring tools and existing internal processes.
In addition, he/she participates in the fluidity and the transmission of information between the different poles of the HR department and can provide transversal support on specific tasks.
He/she is undertaking the following tasks:
· Draft offers
· Draft mobility conclusion emails to inform all relevant staff once the internal mobility is finalised
· Draft employment contracts, contract amendments and seniority letters
· Soft and hard file contracts and other relevant documents
· Get contracts signed by staff, gather the Executive Director’s signature, then scan and send them back to the staff once they are signed
· Send end of mission/end of contract emails
· Send surveys and follow-up on responses: one-month survey, internal mobility survey and exit survey
· Daily update of employees’ contractual information/status on “Contract Follow-Up”
· Prepare documents and information for payroll unit
Monthly update on seniority follow up and seniority payment list
Monthly update on salary grid for ongoing employees
Update and follow-up on end of contract/end of mission procedure on “Exit Follow-Up”
· Depending on the needs identified by the HR Officer - Career & Internal Mobility, the HR Intern - Career & Internal Mobility may be required to
Provide operational support and support on other relevant tasks
Support Head of HR in daily activities
Enrolled in a university program in HR/ Psychology or other related field
Previous experience in HR is desirable
Fluent in English, B1 or above in French
Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel;
Very good organizational skills, attention to details, with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to listen and connect with HQ and field staff
Dynamic, fast learner and proactive team player
Interest in the humanitarian sector
Previous knowledge of Swiss labor legislation.
Previous experience or demonstrated interest in the no-profit sector.
Kindly submit to the following link: HR Intern (Career & Internal Mobility) | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via email@example.com