Manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of themarket and cash delivery system for the USAID/BHA Multi-Year Emergency Food Assistance program to serve food insecurity households in South Sudan. The program is intended to complement and integrate with existing USAID programming in the same sectors and target areas, including leveraging resources from the WFP and FAO pipelines. You will coordinate with DRR and other sectors and follow up the targeting and implementation of cash for asset activities and lead market-based activities. Together with the program’s technical team, you will be based in Torit town, Eastern Equatoria State and conduct regular field visits to remote and insecure field locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Project management experience in cash-based programming and market development is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Required Languages - Fluent in written and spoken English
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to at least 50 %.
Supervisory Responsibilities Supervise the senior market and cash program officer.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Chief of Party, Program Manager II- Livelihoods, Program Manager I- Social Cohesion, Finance and Operations Manager, Program Manager I- MEAL, technical and program teams, programs and operations management teams.
External: WFP (including SCOPE team), FAO, VSF-G, financial service providers, peer agencies, state food security and livelihoods and cash working group clusters, local government authorities and Collaborative Cash Deliver Platform,
- Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of agricultural economics or rural development required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
? Continuous Improvement & Innovation
? Builds Relationships
? Develops Talent
? Strategic Mindset
? Accountability & Stewardship
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
*Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibiliti es associated with the position.*** Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm. CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.