The Programs Department is the central management and coordination function for program development, program delivery and capacity development at IDLO. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
In close coordination with the team, the Program Associate will be responsible for the following main duties:
- Provide administrative support to the EECA Program Team and ensure process integrity in the framework of the EECA project implementation, including:
· Support mission preparation including preparation of Travel Request, visa, etc.;
· Ensure internal IDLO processes are followed including preparation and follow up of Travel Requests, Payment Request, Purchase Requisitions;
· Draft meetings minutes, including of calls with external donors/partners;
· Organize and maintain master file of program-related data and materials, program record files, technical publications, contracts, etc., to be made available to management when requested;
· Support the implementation of consistent templates and tools across the various programs;
· Assist with translations related to the program (if applicable).
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between offices (HQ/Field) and support functions (e.g. HR, Office of the General Counsel, Finance, Procurement) to support the implementation of the EECA project portfolio focusing on the following:
· Support in processing contracts and amendments for Contractors/Consultants. Maintain up to date files and alert the Supervisor of action needed to be taken;
· Coordinate with HR to ensure that administrative aspects of new hires are processed;
· Provide support to program development including coordinating amongst program teams and support functions;
· Coordinate the transmission of draft and narrative reports between offices/units;
· Initiate the process of obtaining signatures and approvals of documents, including drafting and circulating routing slips;
· Assist in the organization of institutional and program events/courses/external visits/presentations, and coordinate with other IDLO interested departments about these.
- Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input to support the development of new proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, Program summary status reports, and EECA Program portfolio donor narrative reports, including:
· Proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, summary status reports, and donor narrative reports;
· Provide input into IDLO publications, communications materials, web content, etc.
· Perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
· University degree in Development, Law, Public Health, Business or similar field is required.
· 1-3 years of relevant professional experience, providing program support preferably within international organizations/settings.
· Previous experience working in the areas of the rule of law, anti-corruption, gender-based violence (GBV), and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) would be considered an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Russian language skills are a strong advantage.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments.
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools.
- Works well with others and actively participates, works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- Ability and willingness to travel to field locations, if necessary.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other ICT and internet software.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a local Affiliate contract of 12 months with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR 26,400 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, and leave entitlements.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified and diverse applications to our positions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director - General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2021**
How to Apply
Applications will be received through the following link: