arche noVa e.V. - Initiative for People in Need is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organisation (NGO) from Dresden/Germany working primarily in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our main focus is on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
arche noVa has been implementing projects for IDPs and host communities in Syria and Iraq since September 2012. For the support of arche noVa’s humanitarian aid projects and transitional assistance in North Syria in the fields of education, livelihood, food security and WASH, we are looking for a
Human Resource and Compliance Manager Syria / Iraq (f/m/d)
The position is based in Erbil, Irak and to be filled as soon as possible and initially concluded until December 2021. A longer engagement is desired and planned.
- Developing a comprehensive HR System
- Reviewing, further developing and harmonizing staff procedures, performance indicators and salary system
- Management and harmonization of employment contracts in close cooperation with HQ and HoM in according to applicable Iraqi / Syrian labour law
- Preparing and implementing recruitments in close cooperation with HoM, HoP and relevant stakeholder, including support for ToR and Job descriptions
- Supporting HoM and HoP in terms of staff planning
- Developing and conducting capacity trainings, including training on relevant policies of the organisation for direct project staff as well as for implementing partner organisation
- Foster the corporate identity of field staff as integral part of the organization
- Developing and implementing inceptions for new local staff
- Providing regular reports on HR development to HoM and HQ
- Developing, implementing and improving relevant policies of the organization
- Developing compliance mechanism for policies of the organization
- Supporting procurement and MEAL teams in terms of compliance
- Translating HR relevant key documents, interpreting during communications
- Providing advice to the Head of Mission in administrative and managerial terms
- Regular and close exchange with HR colleagues and HoO of AN Iraq mission
- Relevant degree in a specific field of study. Certifications related to HR Management will be considered as advantage.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- At least 5 years of practical experience in similar position in international humanitarian and/or transitional assistance
- Having a strong intercultural background and a deep understanding of the Middle East culture and international NGO working environments
- Solid field experience, including in remote and/or high security locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in Arabic and English, Kurdish would be considered as advantage
- Highly computer literate with capacity in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Motivated, proactive team member with high frustration tolerance and pro-active working attitude
- Willingness to travel to field locations
Nice to have:
- Experiences in PSS and conflict management
- Knowledge of German language
- Experiences with German donors
- Competitive salary according to internal salary scale, including per diems based on country context
- Accommodation and abroad package
- R&R Allowance on quarterly basis
- Opportunity to implement your own ideas and to bring in experiences
- Working with a highly motivated team dedicated to improving the lives of people in need
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development
- Possibility to balance work and life through flexible working hours
People with a migration background and people with disabilities are given preferential treatment if they are of the same suitability and ability. arche noVa e.V. promotes equality and a non-discriminatory environment.
arche noVa is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment.
Any employment with AN are subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- Receipt of satisfactory references
- Proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this position
Deadline for application: 16.05.2021
Please send your application documents (cover letter, motivation, CV, supporting documents and references) as well as your salary expectations in one document to Ms. Richter: email@example.com. Please describe your motivation of working for arche noVa and as HR & Compliance manager Syria / Iraq and tell us your salary expectations.
Subject: HR & Compliance manager Syria / Iraq