The French Red Cross (FRC) is operational in Northern Iraq since 2013, especially in Dohuk, Ninewah and Erbil governorates so far; expansion of activities in Babil, Missan, Wassit and Souleymania governorates are currently being initiated. Initially focused on the influx of Syrian refugees, then on the IDP crisis and the challenging displacements and returns of population, FRC provides assistance in a range of sectors including WASH, livelihoods, shelter and relief. Current programming includes WASH (including COVID-19 response), Livelihoods (cash), and Disasters Preparedness and Disasters Reduction whilst opportunities to engage into Health thematic will also be explored in 2021. Mainstreaming of the capacity building of the Iraqi Red Crescent (IRCS) in its daily work is also a main priority.
From May 2020, FRC has begun to change its set up and strategy to align with the Red Cross Red Crescent principles, and play a more active role in all Iraq territory through permanent offices located both in Erbil and Baghdad.
In 2021 the FRC will continue its emergency and recovery assistance for Syrian refugees, IDPs, Iraqi returnees and most vulnerable host communities in the country. This includes in particular for the position of the program coordinator.
Under the supervision of the Head of Delegation (HoD) based in Baghdad, the Program Coordinator (PC) will be in charge to orient and follow up the FRC strategy in Iraq, and to support the Iraqi Red Crescent Society (IRCS).
A- Strategy & Proposal development
B- Projects Quality & Project Cycle Management (PCM) support to the delegation
C- Communication & representation
D- Coordination & personnel management
- The PC works under the direct responsibility of the HoD
- The PC is the direct manager of the PMs (Wash, Livelihood) and maintains close working relationships with the DRR Coordinator/ECHO DRR PM.
- The PC will work closely with the Admin, Logistics and DRR Coordinator in the FRC delegation in Iraq The PC remains the technical focal point at HQ level
- The PC will work closely with WASH, Health, DM departments of the IRCS
- The PC will work closely with the deputy desk officer and technical advisors in HQ
Educational background and experiences
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in relevant field
- Previous knowledge of FRC and RC & RC Movement mandatory
- Previous experience in program coordination
- Experience in WASH, cash assistance, GBV and/or DRR is an asset
- Experience in the Middle-East is an asset
- Familiarity with main donors procedures
- Communication, analysis and reporting skills
- Management skills (including remote management)
- Diplomatic and representation skills
- Substantial experience of operational thinking, including: identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges by translating these into practical plans of action
- English mandatory (oral and written), Kurdish / Arabic is an asset, French is also an asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Flexible and proactive
- Good relationship and management skills
- Autonomous and team-worker
- Location: IRAK - Erbil and Baghdad (50% - 50%), with intensive travels all over Iraq.
- Length of assignment: 12 months
- Start date : March 2021
- Status: Expatriate
The French Red Cross reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date for applications.
The French Red Cross (the President and by delegation, the Director General) processes, as treatment responsible, personal data concerning you for the purposes of the study and treatment of your application. Access to your personal data is strictly limited to authorized persons of the French Red Cross and to our subcontractors to achieve the mentioned purpose. As part of the terrorist financing and money laundering fighting system, any selected candidate may be subject to verification with our CSI Web subcontractor.
Your data will be kept for 2 years after the last contact with you and then archived according to the applicable limitation periods. If hired, your data will be kept for the duration of the employment contract and then archived.
In accordance with the amended law "Informatique et Libertés" of the 6 January 1978 and the General Data Protection Regulation of the 27 April 2016, you have the right to access, rectify, delete under certain conditions, oppose for legitimate reasons your data and to limit the treatment. You also have the right to define guidelines relating to the use of your data and the way in which you wish your rights to be exercised after your death. You can exercise these rights by contacting the HRIS Department at the following address: *Carrefour.email@example.com
In any case of difficulty, you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the French Red Cross headquarters at 98, rue Didot - 75014 Paris or at the following email address: DPO@croix-rouge.fr; you can also file a complaint with the French data protection authority, the CNIL.
- Passport valid for more than 6 months at the moment of departure
- Up-to-date vaccination card / fitness for travel
To be better acquainted with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, we invite you to follow two training sessions online, free and accessible to all. These training sessions constitute a real advantage for your application: WORC (The World of Red Cross and Red Crescent) is an e-learning course on the fundamental principles and operations of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. Its 12 modules address subjects such as the origin and history of the Movement, its fundamental principles, its emblem, the International Federation, the ICRC and national societies. It is dedicated to all profiles: volunteers, employees, members or people wishing to get more information on the biggest humanitarian movement in the world. Stay Safe is dedicated to every staff in a position to carry out international missions on behalf of the Federation or a National Society of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The course aims at developing a common culture of security management within the Movement in order to enable a better understanding of the main threats and risks for humanitarian actors in the field, and offers solutions to restrain their impact. You will find these lessons on the IFRC Learning Platform open to all by clicking on the following link: https://ifrc.csod.com/client/ifrc/default.aspx
Please send us CV and cover letter: https://emploi.national.croix-rouge.fr/fe/tpl_CroixRouge02.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=85649,8756471287