The Program Manager is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Violence Prevention & Response (VPRU) Technical Unit. This position reports to the Sr. Technical Director for the VPRU. The Program Manager works in close collaboration with colleagues across different units and departments including Technical Excellence/CRRD, Finance, Global Supply Chain, HR, IT, and country offices.
• Supervise requests for support via the VPRU Mailbox. This may include providing contracting and payment guidance and training, event support, credit card purchases, ATC checks and Time-off tracking. • Ensure that responses to requests are timely and thorough.
• Liaise with departmental admin staff to maintain listservs and trackers
• Track time-off for US-based staff.
• Support with onboarding and training new staff.
• Provide guidance and training for consultant hires to project leads. Track consultant hires and maintain folders.
• Become an Integra (ERP system) SuperUser and provide guidance and training for VPRU staff.
• Support the use of the PEER System (The partnership excellence for equality and results system) & processes as needed
• Provide support for team meetings such as bi-weekly meetings, remote and in-person trainings, conferences, and retreats. This includes:
O Determine and communicate level of support to be provided;
O Plan and manage timelines and logistics;
O Secure venue or online platform and liaise with hotels;
O Track participants and support with travel and visa arrangements;
O Manage event folders, supplies and resources;
O Travel to provide on-sight support
Knowledge and Resource Management
• Plan, support, organize and maintain resources to ensure effective information sharing within the IRC and with external partners via RescueNet, GBVResponders and Child Protection websites
• Organize and maintain Box files to ensure that documents are easily accessible and routinely updated
• Maintain events calendar, inventory of assets and supplies, org chart, and other Unit documents as needed
Other Support for Special Projects
• Assist Unit members with the development of external reports, web content, presentations and technical tools for donor funded projects
• Other duties as assigned
2-3 years of experience in event planning, managing consultants, and administrative support
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Organizational skills: able to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
• Interpersonal and communication skills: able to effectively liaise and collaborate with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment.
• Computer skills: able to work effectively and accurately with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet applications.
• Flexible and calm: able to respond rapidly in a dynamic environment while remaining productive and focused.
• Professional and discrete: able to manage sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Preferred experience & skills:
• Experience working with stakeholders at all levels and across different regions and backgrounds
• Experience working remotely, independently and across different time-zones
• Knowledge of other languages desirable
• Experience with learning new ERP systems
• Due COVID-19, our NY offices are closed until spring 2021, therefore this role requires working remotely full time for the time being. Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled work hours.
• Some international travel as needed up to 30% (travel is on hold due to the Pandemic)
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.