Mobile App Developer – Chiang Mai, Thailand or remote
Baan Dek Foundation (BDF) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization based in Bangkok & Chiang Mai. BDF supports access to essential services for more than 1,500 vulnerable children and their families living in construction sites and slums. Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek Foundation protects endangered children, enables families to become self-sustainable and provides opportunities for a better future.
: Mobile App Developer
Type of Contract
: Volunteer Contract for 1 year
: Chiang Mai, Thailand or remote
Expected Start Date:
Responsibilities of the advertised position:**
Baan Dek Foundation is currently looking for a volunteer as Mobile App Developer. The objective of the mission is to maintain and improve an existing mobile application that allows vulnerable children to access key knowledge called “life skills”. This project makes it possible to scale up support to underserved communities.
More specifically, it includes the following:
APP FURTHER DEVELOPMENT:
- Mobile app development (Android system) of an e-curriculum that teaches children essential knowledge and skills.
- Introducing new content to the app
- Fixing possible bugs
- Updates in the application
- Sanity check
- Meetings and communication
● IT studies and/or confirmed skills and interest.
● Previous professional experience in mobile app and software development is a strong requirement.
• Mobile app development: Expo
• Software used: ExpressJS, Pug, AWS Amplify backend and React
• Considered as asset: SASS and Pug
● Experience with children is considered an asset.
● Personal characteristics: Strong social commitment, excellent analytical skills. Ability to work in a multicultural environment. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and interested in IT and social work.
● Languages: Fluent English. Thai/Burmese/Khmer considered an asset.
● Open to all nationalities.
Conditions and working hours:**
This is a volunteer position. Baan Dek Foundation will not be able to provide financial compensation for this position. Working hours and conditions to be discussed.
Min. commitment: 6 months
How to Apply
How to Apply:**
Please send all applications in English (CV/cover letter/2 professional references) via E-**mail only** to: Juthamat Karunamit (Neung), Program Manager, at Juthamat@baandekfoundation.org, Magdalena Dolna, Innovation Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email please write “Mobile App Developer – (Your name)”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview in English. Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that selects candidates based on merit. To comply with Baan Dek Foundation Child Protection Policy, the selected candidate will be requested a copy of his/her criminal record. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation's Child Protection Policy.
Closing date for applications: None
More details on Baan Dek Foundation’s programs on www.baandekfoundation.org