The Operation Coordinator will be in charge of :
- To ensure proper management and coordination in North Syria offices (Hassakeh and Aleppo),
- coordination with SARC, government departments, UN agencies and other stakeholders,
- timely implementation of projects according to the mission and in coordination with technical, logistics and administrative departments,
- implement safety measures and follow up on the context development in coordination with the mission’s management and country director.
Find out more about us https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es
Objective 1: Ensure the internal coordination of the AAH (Admin/finance/log/technical departments) – Syria teams in Hassakeh
- monitor financial and administrative management of the field office
- Coordinate all staff, organize weekly meetings and activity planning and make sure they are synchronized with the program and technical teams in Capital office.
- Ensure the departments comply with reporting requirement and timely submission of reports according to agreed formats
- Support the country director in the development of strategic partnerships, assessment of exiting existing capacity
- Liaise with the coordination team in Damascus for technical issues (program, technical logistic and administrative
- Reporting to country director on relevant updates and situation analysis
Objective 2: To represent AAH and liaise and coordinate with SARC, governments agencies, UN agencies and other humanitarian actors in the intervention areas
- Ensure regular and ad-hoc coordination with SARC, DoWs, Governor office and other stakeholders take place at Hassakeh level
- Conduct regular meeting with UN, DoWs and other stakeholders take place at Hassakeh level and prepare minutes and share with AAH Damascus Office
- Ensure that all the steps of the projects are agreed with local authorities, partners and all other stakeholders
- Ensure that the AAH activities are in line with the Memorandum of Understanding signed with respective government agencies, such SARC, MoWR, MAAR, MoLA and follow up of the MoU signed with partners (if any)
- Coordinate with local government agencies and identify needs/gaps in the areas, following AAH mandate, available technical expertise and policies
- To closely monitor, follow up the humanitarian context in the area and report to CD and DCD
- Ensure participation of AAH in local level meetings, any studies and updates on local context and situation
Objective 3: Ensure a proper management of the AAH safety and security procedures in coordination with CD and Mission Management
- Constant monitoring of the situation through the compilation and analysis of safety information regarding the local context in coordination with the local team and other agencies/stakeholders
- Define the potential risks and threats and identify the mitigation measures to reduce those risks in close coordination with the mission management responsible for safety and security.
- Ensure the viability of the proposed measures (material resources needed)
- Follow up of the implementation of the safety measures in Hassakeh. Make sure movement plan at the office level is updated on weekly basis by all departments
- Update safety measures when appropriate and required
- Follow up and analysis of the incidents and situation in Hassakeh, provide thorough feedback for weekly movement facilitation
- In charge of the safety of AAH staff in coordination with and report directly to the Country Director.
Objective 4: Ensure implementation of AAH logistics and admin/finance procedures and tools relevant to Hassakeh office (in coordination with Damascus based coordination team )
- supervision of the Logistics responsible in the office to ensure AAH procedures are followed
- Supervise the management of structures in the base and ensure smooth running of the office
- To supervise the low threshold procurements conducted at the field office(quality/price/procedures)
- Ensure the implementation of all appropriate financial and cash procedures in Hassakeh office
- To ensure that all administrative procedures in the Hassakeh office follow AAH standards and manuals and the mission level memorandums
- To report directly to the Administrative Coordinator (and Deputy Country Director) for all Admin/Financial issues
Objective 5: Human Resources Management
- Participate together with line managers in the recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of the new staff in Hassakeh
- Ensure regular performance evaluation of the staff in Hassakeh
- When necessary review of the job descriptions and Organization of the team according to the area needs together with HR Coordinator and line managers
- Ensure regular performance evaluation of the staff in Hassakeh
- Report incidents related to HR of Hassakeh office
- Higher education/Master in a relevant discipline (e.g. social sciences, economics, international development or any related field).
- Solid knowledge and experience of Project Cycle Management and strategic planning – compulsory
- Strong skills in coordination, program management.
- A strong knowledge of administration and logistics procedures
- A Very good Knowledge in Humanitarian/ cooperation/international relationship
- experience of liaison or program coordinator or project management skills (multi-Sectors) with NGOs is required
- Knowledge of the Middle East context desirable.
- At least 5 years of Experience in team/program management both in (i) emergency and (ii) development projects and preferably with AAH and in Middle East;
- Experience in community’s development and participation, institutional development and setting up of partnerships.
- Experience in management of volatile security contexts with capacity to face a stressful environment
- Good experience in working with local/national partners, Ministries
- English (compulsory working language, fluent spoken, read and written); Arabic (preferable but not required).
- Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, Sphinx (desirable)
- Mobility (national/ international): Yes, within Syria and outside of Syria
- High level of MS office applications (Word/Excel, power point)
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
Formal work contract: 12 months.
- Base: Damascus with frequent travel to Hassakeh & Aleppo
- Annual Gross Salary: from 46,000 to 60,000 EUR
- In addition, we will offer you a benefit packaged estimated in 20.000 euros/year.** This packaged includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area: (break per diem: 215 EUR)
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation and housing expenses (in shared guest house)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.
Как подать заявку
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
-Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.