Starting date: ASAP
Country Programme: Syria
Base: Syria, with occasional travels within the region (due to security situation may be based in Erbil, KRI for some time)
Line Manager: Area Programs Director
About the PIN:
People in Need delivers assistance in Northern Syria addressing the needs of IDPs and hosting communities in several sectors such as food security, livelihoods, shelter, protection, education and WASH. PIN is well-established organization with several field offices, direct implementation and more than 400 employees. Main office sits in Erbil and provides support services to field teams inside Syria. PIN’s contribution to the Syria humanitarian response is amongst the largest, with an annual turnover of over $35 million across Syria and funding from humanitarian donors including ECHO, OFDA, FFP, SDC.
PIN’s key programming sectors in Syria include a combination of early recovery and immediate humanitarian response programs in order to:
- Improve water service delivery and ensuring equitable access to Water and Hygiene services, in urban and rural areas;
- Improve food security;
- Improve access to shelter;
- Improve economic recovery and livelihoods recovery;
- Improve children psychosocial wellbeing.
General Position summary:
With supervision from the Area Programs Director and technical guidance from the Programmes Quality Director and PIN´s Knowledge & Learning department, the Head of Shelter and WASH Projects will be responsible for:
- The Project Management of PIN’s key Shelter and WASH project (LEARN/OFDA) throughout the Project Cycle and
- Ensuring projects are to a high technical and quality standard.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Leading regular monthly project review meetings (project kick off meeting inclusive) & coordination between programs and support departments to ensure program implementation links well to financial, procurement, HR, MEAL planning;
- Control over overall project spending, financial forecasting and updated workplans against project timeframe;
- Following upon project progress: indicators and project targets (to be) achieved;
- Internal project approval processes, oversight of archiving being done & project records being in place (ELO).
- Ensuring protection/accountability and gender is mainstreamed throughout the projects Cooperation with grants department:
- Consolidating/reviewing program reports per project to ensure accuracy of the inputs;
- Preparing the technical design for new project proposals within the areas of expertise and relevant donors’ portfolio.
- Further development of the sectoral strategy identifying potentially new geographical areas, ways of implementation, sub- sectors and potential partnerships.
- Program technical guidance and focus on quality aspects within the implementation, complementarity in programming;
- In coordination with PMs and Shelter team contribute to development of relevant tools, SOPs and technical standards.
- Identifying lessons learnt for further incorporation into programming, proposing relevant changes and reviewing the level PDM and evaluation findings are used to improve implementation;
- Updating feedback tracker and managing its use as program/project memory tool, facilitating the flow of information between the tracker and implementation (inclusive the follow up on the necessary actions identified through the feedback and relevant for the respective project/program and area of operations).
- Identify potential areas for studies and research to help develop further proposals based on evidence of impact Team Management
- Management of the senior program staff within designated technical expertise and coordination with other senior program staff relevant for the project;
- Assess training and development needs required for the programme team to meet the project and individual objectives and ensure quality programming.
- Coordination with relevant WGs, supporting AD/APD on project specific activities updates to donors.
- Coordinate with other partner agencies involved in the programs;
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- At least 3 years of professional experience within a humanitarian and/or development organization;
- Eperience and degree should be in architectural design or civil/construction engineering;;
- Experience in rehabilitating health care facilities is desirable;
- Proven experience in Shelter and WASH programming;
- Familiarity with Shelter and WASH technical guidelines of institutional donors and regional shelter/WASH cluster guidelines;
- Experience in team management and supervision, and interest in building the capacity of national teams;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English;
- Strong grasp of all stages of program cycle management and quality standards in humanitarian programming, including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms;
- Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts, including familiarity with the humanitarian context of Syria or the Middle East, would be an advantage
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions:
- This position is an unaccompanied position. The position is based in Syria. . The location is perceived as less conservative, offering opportunities for a social life outside work hours. Location of the position may change as the security situation in Syria is fluid.
- PIN has a new guesthouse to accommodate all the international staff with individual rooms being available.
- The position is expected to be able to travel to other PIN locations;
- Mobile phones and cellular service are widely available. Internet is available in all PIN’s offices and guesthouses. There are a number of health services available with medevac mechanism for INGO’s members. There is reasonable access to most consumer goods.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and PIN's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Head of Shelter and WASH projects is expected occasionally travel to Erbil for meetings.
People in Need offers:
- Salary as per PIN salary scale (per diems included): 3 000 -3 200 EUR;
- Accommodation in PIN’s guesthouse on PIN’s expenses;
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work, plus R&R benefits according to PIN’s policy;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online; travel health insurance.
Как подать заявку
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).